• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum User reports and questions on technical issues

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I've done it. I see e-mail notifications turned off ... unless there is some other place I don't know about.

But I did notice I was "watching" a couple of popular threads. I have turned those off. Will that be sufficient?
You can watch threads, but you need to make sure you check the box that says "don't receive email notifications" if you don't want emails for those particular threads.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You can watch threads, but you need to make sure you check the box that says "don't receive email notifications" if you don't want emails for those particular threads.
Under my account I have made sure not to check e-mails. Where do I check the "don't receive email notifications" box?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All is now well. Thanks.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Apologies in advance for the weird question:

1. For years I've been flagging spam posts that I see on this forum. But with the new transition, I see there's no longer a drop-down menu for spam. You have to manually type in "spam" for the reason. Do I actually need to type this? Can I just put a random letter inside this field if I'm lazy? I assume whoever sees the post I'm flagging will know it's spam.

2. Is flagging spam even helpful to mods on this community? Or am I just creating more hassle?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score
Apologies in advance for the weird question:

1. For years I've been flagging spam posts that I see on this forum. But with the new transition, I see there's no longer a drop-down menu for spam. You have to manually type in "spam" for the reason. Do I actually need to type this? Can I just put a random letter inside this field if I'm lazy? I assume whoever sees the post I'm flagging will know it's spam.

2. Is flagging spam even helpful to mods on this community? Or am I just creating more hassle?
For 1) “spam” is great, but not absolutely necessary for obvious spam like keto ads.

2) it’s useful, especially in the less frequented parts of the forum.

Cheers,

Fok.

zippyh

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Flagging spam is useful. Especially the ones with new or non-obvious keywords. I do a forum search for keywords and for http or https in the title which gets most of them. But there are always new spam products like the one I saw for "oat milk" this morning.

Aquafortis

Reaction score
Trying to figure out why I'm all of a sudden, just starting earlier today, I'm not getting any email notifications to threads I'm watching?

I've gone into my settings and preferences to make sure that the all the "email" notification boxes are checked, and they are as far as I can tell.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Aquafortis

Reaction score
Trying to figure out why I'm all of a sudden, just starting earlier today, I'm not getting any email notifications to threads I'm watching?

I've gone into my settings and preferences to make sure that the all the "email" notification boxes are checked, and they are as far as I can tell.

Thanks in advance for any tips.
@admin Can I get a little admin help here please?

Aquafortis

Reaction score

Bottom of the list of threads, there's "Select all", then select "Enable Email Notification" from the selection box and submit.
Hmmm...did that and still seem to not be receiving email notifications. When go through those steps and hit submit, is it normal for the page to refresh and all the individual thread email notification boxes appear unchecked again? Because that's what's happening to me.

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Hmmm...did that and still seem to not be receiving email notifications. When go through those steps and hit submit, is it normal for the page to refresh and all the individual thread email notification boxes appear unchecked again? Because that's what's happening to me.
Do you see the word "Email" next to the check boxes? If so, then you might need to check your spam filters.

Aquafortis

Reaction score
Do you see the word "Email" next to the check boxes? If so, then you might need to check your spam filters.
Yes. Hmmm, will check my filters but this only started happening a day ago. Thanks.

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Yes. Hmmm, will check my filters but this only started happening a day ago. Thanks.
Checking the spam filter on our side-- you marked one of our emails as spam on 4/16, so the messages stopped delivering to you. I have removed the block that you created, so they should start going through again.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.