• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum User reports and questions on technical issues

Aquafortis

Reaction score
Checking the spam filter on our side-- you marked one of our emails as spam on 4/16, so the messages stopped delivering to you. I have removed the block that you created, so they should start going through again.
OK! Thank you. That was totally unintentional.

Aquafortis

Reaction score
Glad to help.
Oh man, I don't know what's going on. After you reset that block last night, I had three thread notifications that ended up in my spam box this morning. So they showed up, but just not in my Inbox. I restored them to my Inbox, and now it seems I'm not receiving update emails again, ugh!

I've checked my filters on my side an emails from "[email protected]" are set to be delivered to my Inbox.

Sorry to bug you, but can you check that on your end again?

Thank you.

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Oh man, I don't know what's going on. After you reset that block last night, I had three thread notifications that ended up in my spam box this morning. So they showed up, but just not in my Inbox. I restored them to my Inbox, and now it seems I'm not receiving update emails again, ugh!

I've checked my filters on my side an emails from "[email protected]" are set to be delivered to my Inbox.

Sorry to bug you, but can you check that on your end again?

Thank you.
Something is up with the system overall-- I'm not getting mine either. Working on it.

emiratiAL

Reaction score
Hello,

I've deactivated all notifications, however I keep getting an email every time someone comments in a thread I posted on / likes a post / reacts to a post etc.

Can someone help?

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score

norMD

Reaction score
@LA Guy

Have you considered starting a annual or maybe biannual SF user survey?

It could build a database regarding user demographics, economics, style preferences, wish lists for upcomming seasons, which affiliates we buy from etc.

The results could be shared with affiliates to better understand their customers.

Permanentstyle does something like this to target his audience better. It should be cheap and feasable...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score
@LA Guy

Have you considered starting a annual or maybe biannual SF user survey?

It could build a database regarding user demographics, economics, style preferences, wish lists for upcomming seasons, which affiliates we buy from etc.

The results could be shared with affiliates to better understand their customers.

Permanentstyle does something like this to target his audience better. It should be cheap and feasable...
We haven't done this, but we have other demographic data. Maybe we'll do this, though my own survey building skills haven't been tested since 2011 or so. Maybe it's time to commission something from Quantcast again, though, maybe when we pass the COVID-19 crisis, so that the data make more sense, and we have more discretionary funds and energy to spend on this.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When did the like button change from just the thumb to now you have to choose every time? I liked the way it used to be better.

Edit: on mobile that is.

Last edited:

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every single time I log in, I'm prompted by this stupid notification popup. Doesn't matter how many times I say I don't want them.

It's clearly tied to cookies, which I delete.

Get rid of it. Tie it to the user account, not cookies.

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Every single time I log in, I'm prompted by this stupid notification popup. Doesn't matter how many times I say I don't want them.

It's clearly tied to cookies, which I delete.

Get rid of it. Tie it to the user account, not cookies.
We don't have a way to tie it to user accounts. It is tied to a cookie from the forum software, because some users want notifications on their home PCs, and not on their work/other PCs.

Are you logging out and deleting cookies every time you leave the forum?

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We don't have a way to tie it to user accounts. It is tied to a cookie from the forum software, because some users want notifications on their home PCs, and not on their work/other PCs.

Are you logging out and deleting cookies every time you leave the forum?
Yeah I delete cookies every time I log out.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.