• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stricter enforcement of forum rules?

overdog

Reaction score
Mods,

This is a request to consider more strictly enforcing the rules in the B&S forum. Recently I have noticed an increase in the number of people creating multiple threads at the same time or repeatedly bumping their own threads. You used to be able to create a new thread and have it remain on page one for about a day or two. Now you're lucky if your thread lasts for a few hours. People who actually follow the rules are getting screwed.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by overdog
Mods,

This is a request to consider more strictly enforcing the rules in the B&S forum. Recently I have noticed an increase in the number of people creating multiple threads at the same time or repeatedly bumping their own threads. You used to be able to create a new thread and have it remain on page one for about a day or two. Now you're lucky if your thread lasts for a few hours. People who actually follow the rules are getting screwed.

We can only do so much, but let it be known that those who *are* caught taking too many cookies will have *all* of their buying and selling threads deleted.

One bump unless you are adding more pertinent information, or price drops. Of course, threads with multiple items will be dealt with much more leniently, for obvious reasons. These are guidelines only, and the mods will deal with those who break "the spirit" of the rules harshly.

Cheers,

Fok.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gosh I hope that sda wallet sells soon!

kbuzz

Reaction score
While were at it, i dont think it would be too big brotherish to require sizing in titles. At least for trousers....

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kbuzz
While were at it, i dont think it would be too big brotherish to require sizing in titles. At least for trousers....
Yes, require sizing on everything.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
also, observation of the posted asking price rule would be clutch (and would also make stuff sell more quickly folks)

What is the mods' feeling on signature link to B&S threads. I've been on otehr frums where people (commies, mostly) complain its tackily in-your-face, but I personally feel like its a good medium between the seller's desire for exposure as well as courtesy to others...?

Sartorian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about these fricking spammers? There's one dude hawking cell phones, and another with links to 'free merchandise'. They've both taken four or five spots today alone.

[edit:] Those 'users' would be one called essie3 and another called sport24. Can we boot them?

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sartorian
What about these fricking spammers? There's one dude hawking cell phones, and another with links to 'free merchandise'. They've both taken four or five spots today alone.

[edit:] Those 'users' would be one called essie3 and another called sport24. Can we boot them?

+1

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sartorian

In truth I'm not sure how you'd handle them. If you block them they just come back under another new account and name. The one possibility would be to limit access to posting on the B&S forum until you reach the 35 post threshold, although I don't know if that can be done.

Sartorian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonylumpkin
In truth I'm not sure how you'd handle them. If you block them they just come back under another new account and name. The one possibility would be to limit access to posting on the B&S forum until you reach the 35 post threshold, although I don't know if that can be done.

I did think of that, as well.

But can their threads be removed rapidly? I like your idea, too--don't think there's anything wrong with having a minimum number of posts requirement. I just posted things to sell for the first time, but it bothers me even more as a buyer than as a seller. The dudes are just cluttering my vision and my life.
plain.gif

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
also, observation of the posted asking price rule would be clutch (and would also make stuff sell more quickly folks)

What is the mods' feeling on signature link to B&S threads. I've been on otehr frums where people (commies, mostly) complain its tackily in-your-face, but I personally feel like its a good medium between the seller's desire for exposure as well as courtesy to others...?

I personally try to keep my signature to a maximum two lines, as I also find large signatures a bit annoying. I think it would be cooler if there was a feature where we could link to these under our names in the left side column instead though, as there's still lots of room in there.

Sartorian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bump this up, if for any other reason than to bump the latest Nokia N95 spammer down. You know it's bad when you have spammers coming in with competing products.

For substance's sake:

I like the signatures with links to items for sale.

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonylumpkin

Well it is that way for the current events forum page, you have to have 100 posts to get in. Took me ages to get to read all about nothin
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads