• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Streetwear belt

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikecch
^ Haha, thanks for the offer, but my waist size is probably a bit bigger than yours at 36
laugh.gif

Btw, I see BiG has the new Fullcount belts in stock - haven't handled them in person, but they seem much, much better than the old Fullcount belt models (wasn't too impressed with the leather or the unfinished sides on the older ones).

Fullcount recently change their manufacturer of leather products, so all FC belts and wallets are now made by a different company.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by entrero
The fail is strong
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
sorry about your evidently boring belts, IIIrd icon
facepalm.gif
what's fail is not looking before pouncing. look up kids! this is ain't WAYWT... out of your jurisdicktion. it's a general discussion about belts. my blanket statement is about [the worth] "ounce for ounce". every1's got their own style & fashion sensibilities, so you don't equate [that] cuz it's subjective. but, the quality of the material?!!! that's absolutely discernable. you can't make a bad quality goods good by design.... actually, nowadays, that is the common place. admittedly, i've been a fashion "tool" sometimes, [ie, like Number Nine belt for 200+] cuz it was "nice"__ dint evo very well. now, i prefer quality of leather+craftsmanship over brand.... but, that's just me, folks.

... & @Uncontrol, tho' we [most likely] got zilch in common, show me yours & i'll show you mine.

Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon
.... Scott's Unlucky belts [... or belts by other respected forum artisans] are, ounce for ounce, the best buy. 'dare any1 to explain/justify the chasmic difference in price point from branded belts [ie, Samurai, FH, IH, etc.], with repect to overall quality of the product.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
every1's got their own style & fashion sensibilities, so you don't equate [that] cuz it's subjective.
Huh? This is a style forum. Just because it's subjective doesn't mean it isn't worth discussing. Either way of course the quality of a belt is really very important, but not all belts are design-less slabs of tan leather and nickel. For what it's worth, I have two belts; one you will hate, and one you may be able to tolerate.
ww252-35001-03b.jpg
This one is by Diavlo. Quality isn't amazing, but it's a real solid piece of leather, not bonded or any **** like this, and considering the amount of ornamentation I'd say it's worth the ¥6000 I paid.
0280064014_vari_sp_ex_2.jpeg
This one is by 5351 Pour les Hommes. Very thick, supple piece of calf leather, made in Japan. Unadorned except for the buckle, which is a really nice "sword" shape. Yes, a belt that falls apart after a few months isn't worth being part of an outfit. But I'm not interested in a nice "evo" or whatever, not everything in life is a pair of raw denim, some people just want a belt that holds up and looks good. I've seen your style and it seems like you're more interested in denim and leather from a technical perspective (as in, how it evolves) rather than a purely aesthetic perspective (how it looks right now).

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Sm38T.jpg
This one is by 5351 Pour les Hommes. Very thick, supple piece of calf leather, made in Japan. Unadorned except for the buckle, which is a really nice "sword" shape. Yes, a belt that falls apart after a few months isn't worth being part of an outfit. But I'm not interested in a nice "evo" or whatever, not everything in life is a pair of raw denim, some people just want a belt that holds up and looks good. I've seen your style and it seems like you're more interested in denim and leather from a technical perspective (as in, how it evolves) rather than a purely aesthetic perspective (how it looks right now).

i love this belt. that buckle is great.

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aah, the elf belt. I think you posted some earlier, nice solid hardware. Other brands like HTC are also refreshing too see.

Somet tubo belts are quite killers, are these the ones you're referring to W123?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but, the quality of the material?!!! that's absolutely discernable. you can't make a bad quality goods good by design...

No, but you forget that the inverse can be true. You can make use the best materials to make a ****** product, both objectively and subjectively. Objectively, even if you use amazing leather, you can screw up the edge treatments; you can use ****** hardware; you can screw up the handiwork - for example, not properly planing the leather at the buckle, bad stitching, etc... I've seen all of these.

Subjectively speaking, you can just end up with a boring product, i.e. make a good quality product undesirable by poor design. My favorite jeans belt is the KMW belt, because the buckle is distinctive enough to be interesting, but not outrageous. I am not going to pay $300+ for a plain old garrison belt, not matter how good the leather is (well, maybe if it has an amazing dye job or something.) Look at other desirable belts, and there are little distinguishing features that make them so. The fish notches on the Rby45RPM belts are a nice example.

There are, of course, belts that combine ingenuous design, good materials, and good workmanship. My favorite example is my Julius triple wrong belt, which is really a double ring belt, with a third ring instead of stitching or screws securing the two rings. Each ring was cast with an Engrish statement that speaks to...something about the male condition, I think. The leather is a very supple, thick, and beautiful cowhide.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
No, but you forget that the inverse can be true. You can make use the best materials to make a ****** product, both objectively and subjectively. Objectively, even if you use amazing leather, you can screw up the edge treatments; you can use ****** hardware; you can screw up the handiwork - for example, not properly planing the leather at the buckle, bad stitching, etc... I've seen all of these.

Subjectively speaking, you can just end up with a boring product, i.e. make a good quality product undesirable by poor design. My favorite jeans belt is the KMW belt, because the buckle is distinctive enough to be interesting, but not outrageous. I am not going to pay $300+ for a plain old garrison belt, not matter how good the leather is (well, maybe if it has an amazing dye job or something.) Look at other desirable belts, and there are little distinguishing features that make them so. The fish notches on the Rby45RPM belts are a nice example.

There are, of course, belts that combine ingenuous design, good materials, and good workmanship. My favorite example is my Julius triple wrong belt, which is really a double ring belt, with a third ring instead of stitching or screws securing the two rings. Each ring was cast with an Engrish statement that speaks to...something about the male condition, I think. The leather is a very supple, thick, and beautiful cowhide.

i don't think there's a point of argument here. mosdef, [in the wrong hands] a fine piece of leather can easily turn to crap. but, what i'm driving @ is exactly what you just mentioned. why would i pay 300+ on a plain old garrison belt when i can have exactly like it for less than half the price... maybe with even better/exotic finish/tannage. just comparing apples with apples.

as for the esthetics & design, of course that gets factored into the price tag. that's why i mentioned/meant by, "every1's got their own style & fashion sensibilities, so you don't equate [that] cuz it's subjective".

Huh? This is a style forum. Just because it's subjective doesn't mean it isn't worth discussing. Either way of course the quality of a belt is really very important, but not all belts are design-less slabs of tan leather and nickel.

For what it's worth, I have two belts; one you will hate, and one you may be able to tolerate.

This one is by 5351 Pour les Hommes. Very thick, supple piece of calf leather, made in Japan. Unadorned except for the buckle, which is a really nice "sword" shape.

Yes, a belt that falls apart after a few months isn't worth being part of an outfit. But I'm not interested in a nice "evo" or whatever, not everything in life is a pair of raw denim, some people just want a belt that holds up and looks good. I've seen your style and it seems like you're more interested in denim and leather from a technical perspective (as in, how it evolves) rather than a purely aesthetic perspective (how it looks right now).

tolerate the 2nd one? i actually love it. so, i suppose, i was mistaken when i readily assumed that we "got zilch in common". the 1st one, i don't hate, but it's just not me... in the same way you are about "evo". believe it or not, i got [other] stuff, too. hitting the shops in SoHo is a fave past time. it's just that, @ this juncture, i prefer the ones that i'm currently wearing.

thatguymj

Reaction score

better pic

Amazing belt! One of the best styles I've ever seen in a belt, and looks really high quality.

I think that is the first item of clothing that I've seen you own that I would like to own as well.

(no hate, we just happen to have polar opposite tastes in clothing)

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
That is an ugly ass belt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads