1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Streetwear belt

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by SlimJim, Apr 18, 2011.

1. SlimJim

SlimJim Active Member

what brand should I be looking for? will be wearing with denim

2. alexanduh

alexanduh Senior member

Ask in the ask a question thread.

3. jet

jet Senior member

lv or gucci

4. meso

meso Senior member

will be wearing with denim

Well that changes everything.

5. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance Senior member

Leather Goods Connection. Google this....great belts.

6. SlimJim

SlimJim Active Member

i thought big buckles were chonga?

7. kiya

kiya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Streetwear kids love anything tan and poorly made in the US, don't disappoint them.

8. Mountains

Mountains Senior member

Streetwear kids love anything tan and poorly made in the US, don't disappoint them.

This one is actually true.

9. djlukin

djlukin Well-Known Member

Smathers and Branson needlepoint is an absolute essential. Coach makes great, affordable mens belts (in comaprison to Gucci/LV/Ferragamo, etc.)

10. scourage

scourage Senior member

I agree that tan and made in US is the trend. Also agree that people view made in US as a sign of quality which may be false.

Are you suggestion that all the made in US belts that people talk about here are crap. Do we really need to buy 200$ belts from self edge. I don't doubt the quality, my Iron heart jeans and flathead shirt are top notch, but unlucky, hollows leather, zissou and others offer made in us tan leather belts that look like great quality. Also they cost under 100$ most more like 50$. Some made in US belts probably are crap and the belts at self edge seem really great. I think your being tongue in cheek, but this seems to unfairly dismiss some US leather workers who offer what appears to be a good product at a much lower price.

anyway OP those are three names i'd check out.

11. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

The hand-curried Moser 17oz from our recent Joe Hill belt project with Scott (unlucky) can take on any of the Japanese brand-names, whether it be TFH or RM, any day.
    The above 3 mentioned craftsmen do really fantastic work - I wouldn't dismiss them just because their belts don't have the high premium-loaded costs of other brands.

12. kiya

kiya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Would like to point out that my comment wasn't supposed to be taken literally. Only half-literally.

13. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

I agree that tan and made in US is the trend. Also agree that people view made in US as a sign of quality which may be false. Are you suggestion that all the made in US belts that people talk about here are crap. Do we really need to buy 200$ belts from self edge. I don't doubt the quality, my Iron heart jeans and flathead shirt are top notch, but unlucky, hollows leather, zissou and others offer made in us tan leather belts that look like great quality. Also they cost under 100$ most more like 50$. Some made in US belts probably are crap and the belts at self edge seem really great. I think your being tongue in cheek, but this seems to unfairly dismiss some US leather workers who offer what appears to be a good product at a much lower price. anyway OP those are three names i'd check out.
    couldnt agree more. anyone can make an expensive belt ... the real trick is finding someone with the skills to make a decent product (although belt making in and of itself is not rocket science), sourcing fine materials and then getting them to the consumer for a decent price and the us has many.

14. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

I got a belt from zissou and have been very, very happy with it. I've had it for ~6-7 months or so and it's starting to age nicely.

15. warrenjl1

warrenjl1 Senior member

16. Telleur

Telleur Member

Would like to point out that my comment wasn't supposed to be taken literally. Only half-literally.

That's very hard to discern emotions over the Internet, that is why I tend to stray away from comments comme que

17. entrero

entrero Senior member

No worries...when your post count gets high enough, you'll be able to

18. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

That's very hard to discern emotions over the Internet, that is why I tend to stray away from comments comme que
    n/m! [​IMG]

19. tomorrowstars

tomorrowstars Senior member