• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Strange Excel File Issue

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nothing wonky at all. There is a summation of multiple tabs, but that's it. Not even a Vlookup. I mean it could just be the charts. I am going to redo it and if it happens again I know it is just the charts. I have 13 tabs with three charts in each tab. In my mind this shouldn't be taking up the space it is and causing all of the hiccups.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
When I try to repaste the data into a new workbook I get a message that says

"The range you are pasting contains formulas that cannot be pasted into this instance of Excel; however, the formulas will be pasted as values. This may result from pasting formulas from Protected View, another instance of Excel or from another application."

WTF?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Copied and pasted data from each tab into a new workbook and ignored that stupid error. I recalculated all of the formulas because they were pasted as values. Old workbook size: 246MB, new workbook size: 10MB. So ******* weird. This one works fine now.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
when you deleted the rows/columns from earlier, how did you do it? Moving the tables and getting such a smaller file suggests noise separate from all of your data, and the file size suggests repeated noise (could have been on just one sheet).

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I did it the way you told me. All in all I think it was corrupted or something. Like I mentioned I had a tab that was being fed by a different workbook. I thought that was why it was very slow, especially due to it being on a server. I thought deleting that tab would fix it, but it didn't. I think it was just some sort of fluke.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads