• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So hard to think of a reissue without the fabrics, because that's what made the piece in the first place. I'd love a departure shirt reissue, but I say that because I'm dreaming of the blue/white colorway that I slept on.

There's a lot of similar shirts since than.

ghostface

Reaction score

gd, just when I thought I'd gotten my fill of schneider...more pics of that long coat? looks similar to a traditional top coat, any notable additional details?

i'm not sure that it's the *exact* same coat, but i have two older season long coats in moleskin and in nylon (both of mine have half-raglan shoulders, where as the ones sipang posted appear to have traditional shoulders). it's basically the platonic form of a knee length coat. covered placket. high armholes. collar that looks good up or down. throat latch to keep the collar up when you want it up. etc. combine that design with schneider's use of interesting fabrics and you have the potential for a really, really nice coat.

and, personally, i much prefer the length of this coat to the upper-thigh-length one nicely posted (though i do remember really liking the fabric on that one).

a couple of fit pics from awhile ago:

Last edited:

eternaldrake

Reaction score

i'm not sure that it's the *exact* same coat, but i have two older season long coats in moleskin and in nylon (both of mine have half-raglan shoulders, where as the ones sipang posted appear to have traditional shoulders). it's basically the platonic form of a knee length coat. covered placket. high armholes. collar that looks good up or down. throat latch to keep the collar up when you want it up. etc. combine that design with schneider's use of interesting fabrics and you have the potential for a really, really nice coat.

and, personally, i much prefer the length of this coat to the upper-thigh-length one nicely posted (though i do remember really liking the fabric on that one).

whats going on with the cuffs in the jacket. i have this jacket and i never figured that part out

ghostface

Reaction score
just an ornamental button cinch (i don't think a human wrist could still fit through the cuffs if they were cinched at the second button).

Mehmet Korkmaz

Reaction score
While we're on the topic of old coats, this one has been sitting in my closet for a while. It's the Cone coat from Frozen Waves in a IV. I'm usually between III and IV, and I can't decide if this one is too big--especially in the shoulders/arms. What do you think? Should I keep or sell?

Shoulders rise up a bit with arms open:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
IMO I;d prefer a coat like that slightly bigger rather than fitted. And it is not that large fitting on you at all...Imagine if you wore a knit and layered a bit more. In the end, it is an outerwear and I personally like the roominess and drape. In the photos the coat looks rigid but if you gave it some life by wearing it should age nicely.. just imagine it 10 to 20 years down the road or older. The style is pretty nondescript in a good way. And maybe only button the middle closure, or throw on a scarf and wear it open.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The size is perfectly fine, unless you only wanna wear it over a t-shirt
Button just the middle closure like toasty pointed out and try popping the collar, looks like a beautiful coat

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to resist all this coat seduction. Just got that qh coat lol

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gd, just when I thought I'd gotten my fill of schneider...more pics of that long coat? looks similar to a traditional top coat, any notable additional details?

I wouldn't mind something like that moleskin coat either (could never find one in my size ironically). The wool coats I posted are slightly different

moleskin

wool

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally would prefer a shorter jacket, like the Alpaca, or the donkey jacket. Long coats are okay, but a jacket, you can sling on, and not worry about what to do with it when you go indoors - and they stuff more easily into carry-on luggage, etc...

Last edited:

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mehmet that coat looks really nice, and hardly big over a tee which means it should accommodate a chunky knit perfectly.

lol @ absurd koala (sounds like a meme)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads