• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In the thighs.
They fit, but I just don't like trousers to fit that slim in general, especially in the summer.

The size 6 has a 12in thigh. I got the 5 and it was too tight

@Pangolin the jazz looked nice but the pleats and rise made me see much diaper butt

Pangolin

Reaction score

@Pangolin the jazz looked nice but the pleats and rise made me see much diaper butt

Agreed, I would only get it in the tropical wool version. Better drape, better butt!

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agreed, I would only get it in the tropical wool version. Better drape, better butt!

What about the crystal trousers? They looked like a roomier amor to me.

Fwiw, I love estaicized waists. I think the exhausts would be perfect if they had that aspect to them.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crystal are pretty easy fit

From the styling challenge...

LL

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Post a pic? If you're saying you own the 6...

javy

Reaction score
yes and yes

Awesome, thanks. Did you get hit by customs fees?
Anyone pickup the Amor trousers? How's the fit? Skinny? Straight leg? Debating it, just not sure how I feel about the elasticized waist...not finding a lot of photos of the trousers modeled.

Think this is the amor: http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/me...item-10987933.aspx?storeid=9750&ffref=lp_8_2_

http://www.maasandstacks.com/collec...roducts/stephan-schneider-trousers-amor-ebony

http://suspensionpoint.ca/stephan-schneider-trousers-amor

http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/item10987931.aspx

http://www.schwittenberg.com/Marke/Stephan-Schneider/Lindgruene-Hose-Amor-Lime.html

Last edited:
Reaction score
Iterating Schneider, figuring out what shirt works best with this. Also fishing for opinions on the break of these pants.

Schneider x3
Buttero
DIY bag

Since there seems to be a lack of Amor fit picks, here's an x-post from the WAYWT thread. I'm wearing a size 3 in the Amor trousers in black tropical wool. I'm 5'9" and ~120lbs. I love the elasticized waist because I sometimes have issues with pants' waists being too large even at the smallest size. The fabric is lovely but this almost goes without saying. It is a soft black with a very subtle navy-ish hue (to my eyes) in direct sunlight. The thighs are not tight on me but I don't have big quads or anything. The leg tapers sharply from the knee to a ~6in hem opening, so not recommended for those with proportionately larger calves. Easily my favorite buy of the season.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score

Thought I posted these already, but maybe not. Amor trouser in size 3. I'm 5'9", ~135, 30 waist. They're a pretty slim fit with a small leg opening, as mentioned earlier but nothing extreme. It's a nice cut that wears easy for how slim it is. I think the elastic waist helps.

Reaction score
@conceptual 4est that's really good, also shows how the front dart on the polo looks in person, which is hard to grasp from product photos.

conceptual 4est

Reaction score
@conceptual 4est that's really good, also shows how the front dart on the polo looks in person, which is hard to grasp from product photos.

Thanks, and yeah the "Poison" is an awesome shirt and completely slept-on this season. There is a reason so many retailers picked it up that wouldn't normally wouldn't stock a short sleeve polo-type shirt!

javy

Reaction score
Thanks, and yeah the "Poison" is an awesome shirt and completely slept-on this season. There is a reason so many retailers picked it up that wouldn't normally wouldn't stock a short sleeve polo-type shirt!

are you wearing the poison in size III or IV? trying to decide between the bone or hush poison polos.

Last edited:

conceptual 4est

Reaction score
are you wearing the poison is size III or IV? trying to decide between the bone or hush poison polos.

Wearing a 3. It's a little snug in the shoulders for my personal taste, but I prefer to go with a 3 sometimes instead of a 4 because of the added length that comes with sizing up.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thought I posted these already, but maybe not. Amor trouser in size 3. I'm 5'9", ~135, 30 waist. They're a pretty slim fit with a small leg opening, as mentioned earlier but nothing extreme. It's a nice cut that wears easy for how slim it is. I think the elastic waist helps.
Hey Kyle. What is the Grey jacket you are sporting? Looking good there my man.

conceptual 4est

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads