• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reedo, ppl have pretty much unanimously said it has a pretty boxy fit. We know how much you aim for slimming, form-flattering clothing, so maybe you should stay away from the quilted jacket :)

Stopped by Odin NYC finally, tried on a couple of things. The rug shirt is realllly soft in person. They had a slate colorway of the reverse coat (cotton) that was pretty nice. V was too wide for me (~37" chest, 32" waist). The cotton version has really nice quilted arms that would def help for F/W. I also tried the blue oriental wool shirt. Nice fit, seemed to be the slim fit (V fit really well on me). Bit itchy.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Reedo, ppl have pretty much unanimously said it has a pretty boxy fit. We know how much you aim for slimming, form-flattering clothing, so maybe you should stay away from the quilted jacket :)
Stopped by Odin NYC finally, tried on a couple of things. The rug shirt is realllly soft in person. They had a slate colorway of the reverse coat (cotton) that was pretty nice. V was too wide for me (~37" chest, 32" waist). The cotton version has really nice quilted arms that would def help for F/W. I also tried the blue oriental wool shirt. Nice fit, seemed to be the slim fit (V fit really well on me). Bit itchy.

I wish they would post their stock online already or that they responded timely or at all to emails. I tried contacting them a month or so back about stock twice, finally responded saying to look online that weekend (still nothing) and asking me to let them know about any specific pieces. I did and nothing again. Guess they don't need online biz sales that much.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wish they would post their stock online already or that they responded timely or at all to emails. I tried contacting them a month or so back about stock twice, finally responded saying to look online that weekend (still nothing) and asking me to let them know about any specific pieces. I did and nothing again. Guess they don't need online biz sales that much.

I was able to phone order stuff a few times, though haven't tried recently. Staff was generally pretty friendly for me

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

Haha. That one is nice, jet, but the fact that it's oversized kept me away. Don't need another Author Cardigan mishap. Did you pick up the Ijevan this year?

Seems half of the cardigans are oversized usually, I have one from a couple years ago that's a 5 and slouchy as **** along with the og playlift in size 4 haha. I know the kaghak ain't gonna work for whoever ordered it but would be perfect for me.

Didn't get the ijevan, it's nice but at this point I have so much **** I have to really love it or fill a hole for me so I passed.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kaghak is the best cardi this season, in my eyes. ijevan is cool, but I like the drape of the kaghak much better. I was close to buying the one on LG but someone bought the size IV (this was when it was at retail too :( )

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

g, are you sure a size 4 wouldn't be too big for you on the kaghak? If the measurements on ww are correct, it's quite oversized and I think you're a extra small/small?

He's gettin' his drape on lately, more power to him

btw g, how did that sick merino SS jacket work out for you? You should poast a fit, I think we'd all love to see that beaut in action

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what really? The measurements have the blazer as being super fitted in the shoulder/chest I would need a sz 7?

DividedWay

Reaction score
what really? The measurements have the blazer as being super fitted in the shoulder/chest I would need a sz 7?

The problem wasn't the shoulders/ chest, but the skirt- the skirt was really badly constructed/ patterned, and made it look like I was wearing a jetpack on my rear. It was really bad, and difficult to solve without redoing much of the lower back. I'd suggest trying it on first if possible...

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

g, are you sure a size 4 wouldn't be too big for you on the kaghak? If the measurements on ww are correct, it's quite oversized and I think you're a extra small/small?

Yeah, I really like big, oversized cardigans. A 3 could probably work too but I imagine it's even harder to find in the LG colorway. And 20.5 p2p on the IV doesn't sound so bad, I have an undercover cardigan that's like 23". It'd look awkward buttoned but I never button cardigans anyways... Here's to hoping Sipang pulls through during sale season!

He's gettin' his drape on lately, more power to him
btw g, how did that sick merino SS jacket work out for you? You should poast a fit, I think we'd all love to see that beaut in action

I'm just being more ok with everything not super slim fit anymore. I am actually really like our legacy right now; the boxy, oversized cuts have been working really cool with a lot of the WM, nonnative stuff I have. The alpaca OL cardigans this season are great, too.

But yeah, the SS coat is really cool. Super warm. It's lightly quilted that has a removable hood that has a liner and then the liner has a knitted wool liner on it too...so it's like three layers essentially. The blue streaks are really something else, shines subtly through on brighter days and looks great with the gray backdrop. The colors are just really well done, and I'm quite pleased with it.

I also bought a Schneider cardigan from sip that's pretty incredible. Really soft and delicate, tight knit that's a very light gray with a black inner knit...so it's got this awesome color play going on. Pretty happy with it as well.

Here is a quick pic of the schneider cardi I snapped a few days ago. Has some other stuff in it I've gotten these past few months but I was going to post it in the knit thread but never did

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics