Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jwkicks, Jun 22, 2011.

1. wurm

wurm Senior member

Assuming some of these purchases don't work out for people, could someone give me a suggestion for a size that would work best for me? I'm 6'1" (185.5cm) (barefoot) and about 150lbs (68kg). I'd have thought size IV but I'd prefer the oversized fit so maby V is better?

2. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Sounds very thin - what's your chest size?

3. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

wurm I'm an inch shorter and about 25 pounds larger and size V works pretty well for me. A IV might be too short, if you have broad shoulders I'd just get the V.

4. wurm

wurm Senior member

36 though I typically prefer a 38 in jackets due to my broad shoulders. I'm hesitant with the IV though since I recently got a shirt that was way too small at that size. I do have another shirt/jacket in size IV that fits perfectly though.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012

5. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Well FWIW after all the suggestions

I am a 46/48, 5'9-5'10 and 150lb...a size IV seems to be more standard and usually most sites that carry SS are pretty good about posting measurements to compare. My chest is also ~ 38-39"

Size III would fit me but probably not how SS intended

You got to remember it is outerwear though so the fitting is larger than a shirt typically

6. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

^I'm a 36 chest and I went with a III. Maybe could have gone with a IV, but like the fit of the moleskin version I have in III. I think those patio shirts were just sized really small for some reason compared to other Schneider shirts.

7. Feji

Feji Senior member

I went with a size IV. I'm 5'7", 155lb, 39" chest. Size V probably would have worked for me, but I was more concerned about sleeve length and total length.

Edit : My only other SS piece is a short cardigan from SS12, which fits well in size V. Kinda sucks being in between size small/mediums.

8. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

I'm 5'8", 150 lbs, generally a small in most brands (IV in SS) and fit the size III moleskin version sold to Severish pretty well. You can check the recent sales thread for fit pics. Given how I layer in the winter though, my preference would have been staying with my usual size of IV in the Alpaca version if I even get the chance to find another one in that size since you hounds already snatched them all up from Au.

The patio shirts fit a size smaller the typical sizing. He has two fits of shirts and the patio fits into the slim fit model just like those few that he releases that are back darted.

9. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

I'm around 6'1" 150 lbs as well (but with a 38" chest compared to your 36") and so far size 4 has worked well for me for outerwear (plain coat from A/W '11 and Clematis jacket from S/S '12). I've never tried on the alpaca jacket but comparing the measurements to other outerwear I own I'm pretty sure a size 4 would give the intended fit.

10. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

I apologies if this has already been asked/answered but does anyone know when SW will get their buy in?

11. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Oh man, the search on SF for Stephan Schneider led me to nothing, had to google for this thread...

does anyone have a good stocklist for Schneider stuff? i know aurevoiretmerci and wrong weather carry his things but couldnt find much else

12. Richmondfrank

Richmondfrank Active Member

Stockists include: Stand Up Comedy/Shopstandingup, Project No 8, Acolyth, South Willard, Gravity Pope, Opening Ceremony, Mindtrive and Farfetch. You can also just email the boutique in Antwerp; Tatjana is incredibly helpful.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012

13. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Cool man, thank you

14. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

^ wrongweather also

15. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

If you call the store they will probably give you at least a rough estimate, they did when I called them about S/S.

Just off the top of my head...
    Au Revoir Et Merci
    Wrong Weather
    Acolyth
    b store
    Project No.8
    Opening Ceremony
    Suspension Point
    South Willard
    American Rag
    Gravity Pope
    Stand Up Comedy