• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keeping up the chukka love - these see a lot of wear, and year-'round at that. They are in need of a little TLC. But since I hear complaints that we see nothing but purely pristine shoes...

orig.jpg

they are absolutely amazing and the coloring is great! i love the work that you have put into them with all of the wear. There is such great character on them now!

Colonel Mustard

Reaction score
Really loving the St. Crispin's on this thread. Good work guys!

Unfortunately, it is very much making me want some of the action
biggrin.gif

Can anybody advise what the fitting is like on the chisel last compared to G&G's TG73? I have a pair of St James II on the TG73 last in 7E and the fit is close to perfect - with no heel slip and generally a nice snug fit all round. The only issue is that my right foot is "slightly" larger across the joint at the start of my toes. This is literally a couple of mm but I wouldn't want anything slimmer fitting in that area because of that. I currently have a pair of Decos on order which are being made 3mm larger in that area only to cure that - hopefully.

Apologies if this has been covered before - I did have a quick scour of the forum.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Really loving the St. Crispin's on this thread. Good work guys!

Unfortunately, it is very much making me want some of the action :D .

Can anybody advise what the fitting is like on the chisel last compared to G&G's TG73? I have a pair of St James II on the TG73 last in 7E and the fit is close to perfect - with no heel slip and generally a nice snug fit all round. The only issue is that my right foot is "slightly" larger across the joint at the start of my toes. This is literally a couple of mm but I wouldn't want anything slimmer fitting in that area because of that. I currently have a pair of Decos on order which are being made 3mm larger in that area only to cure that - hopefully.

Apologies if this has been covered before - I did have a quick scour of the forum.

Thanks in advance.

So far all my shoes are on tg73 last & I have Stcrispin on chiseled last just go half size small from your TG73 so 6.5UK would be right on money.

Colonel Mustard

Reaction score
That is a very speedy response and I exactly what I wanted.
Thank you very much.
cheers.gif

Colonel Mustard

Reaction score
Incoming follow up question.

Are all St. Crispin lasts the same size wise? I only have experience of G&G and all their lasts are supposed to be the same with a different toebox. Therefore, I should be a 7E across the board.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I only have experience with the chiseled and classic, and I take the same size in both.

Itsuo

Reaction score

Incoming follow up question.

Are all St. Crispin lasts the same size wise? I only have experience of G&G and all their lasts are supposed to be the same with a different toebox. Therefore, I should be a 7E across the board.

I think I'm a half size smaller in StCs but then again I may have been sizing up in G&Gs for more width.

As time goes by I'm more and more convinced that prospective first time buyers (who want to MTO something customized) should seriously consider either trial shoes or ordering a personal last and making your first order at a trunk show in order to dial in the best possible fit from the beginning. It's not exactly the most convenient process but part of the beauty of these shoes comes from their shape which is maintained by fairly stiff counters(?) or reinforcements throughout the shoes. This can mean they don't have as much give in many areas that you may expect from other shoes.

The only caveat I might make to the above statement is that if you find that you easily fit many different brands and have a fairly uncontrovercial show size, then as long as you get to try a pair on first you're probably fine making an MTO.

Edit: I say the above with lots of affection for the product/company. I've replaced/sold off almost all of my older pairs and replaced/consolidated to the 6 (soon to be 7) pairs of StCs that I have.

Last edited:

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I'm a half size smaller in StCs but then again I may have been sizing up in G&Gs for more width.

As time goes by I'm more and more convinced that prospective first time buyers (who want to MTO something customized) should seriously consider either trial shoes or ordering a personal last and making your first order at a trunk show in order to dial in the best possible fit from the beginning. It's not exactly the most convenient process but part of the beauty of these shoes comes from their shape which is maintained by fairly stiff counters(?) or reinforcements throughout the shoes. This can mean they don't have as much give in many areas that you may expect from other shoes.

The only caveat I might make to the above statement is that if you find that you easily fit many different brands and have a fairly uncontrovercial show size, then as long as you get to try a pair on first you're probably fine making an MTO.

+1

I was talked into making modified last in a trunk show. Fit is pretty bad considered that I've been fitted in person. Won't make the same mistake again if I am going for SC MTO again.

Colonel Mustard

Reaction score

Edit: I say the above with lots of affection for the product/company. I've replaced/sold off almost all of my older pairs and replaced/consolidated to the 6 (soon to be 7) pairs of StCs that I have.

Thanks for the info. I had never considered a trunk show before but another member recommended I go along to the next one. Annoyingly when checking their website there was one only a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully there will be another one in the spring so I shall go along to that. I have never been to a trunk show (or know much about them) is it simply a place to get a feel for the product and get measured or would there be RTW on sale if there was something that took my fancy there and then?

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the info. I had never considered a trunk show before but another member recommended I go along to the next one. Annoyingly when checking their website there was one only a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully there will be another one in the spring so I shall go along to that. I have never been to a trunk show (or know much about them) is it simply a place to get a feel for the product and get measured or would there be RTW on sale if there was something that took my fancy there and then?

You will get to see what all options they have to offer & get fitted & you will get,to place your mto.

Colonel Mustard

Reaction score
Excellent. Cannot wait for the next UK trunk show. Thanks for the info - again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads