• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Square-toed shoes

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
EG Stowes are an extremely distinctive shoe. They are going to draw attention when you wear them, positive attention in my experience. So I guess they could be thought of as hip, in a good way.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find them very cool, though I just don't see how you could wear EGs with, say, a pair of jeans.
A couple of pairs of Stowes - including a 'natural' colored pair - were sold on eBay recently, I thought at the time that they'd go very well with jeans... It's the plain-toe that makes them versatile, I think...

naturlaut

Reaction score
Ohhh... those horrible sqaure shoes.. Â I was guilty of that sin, I had a pair of Prada's a few years back, square toe apron front oxfords. Â The nastiest thing made: uncomfortable, uncompromising (to your foot), what was I thinking ... Wore it about 6 times (to the constant derision of my wife Â
biggrin.gif
) and got rid of it.
T4phage: I am no where compared to your experiences and expertise in the sartorial art, but at least I have never had a pair of Prada (or Gucci) in my entire life. Â
biggrin.gif
 Seriously, what were you thinking?. Â
tounge.gif

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by T4phage,01 July 2004, 03:28
Ohhh... those horrible sqaure shoes.. Â I was guilty of that sin, I had a pair of Prada's a few years back, square toe apron front oxfords. Â The nastiest thing made: uncomfortable, uncompromising (to your foot), what was I thinking ... Wore it about 6 times (to the constant derision of my wife Â
biggrin.gif
) and got rid of it.

T4phage: I am no where compared to your experiences and expertise in the sartorial art, but at least I have never had a pair of Prada (or Gucci) in my entire life. Â
biggrin.gif
 Seriously, what were you thinking?. Â
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif
Well, I was caught out in the rain downtown and my feet got wet (due to the blake stitching of my Tod's). Â Ducked into the store and browsed around - then saw these sqaure toed Prada's. Â I thought I could use them in some crowded clubs (where I would not even dream of wearing "nicer" shoes for they would be stood on), and to get my feet into dry shoes. As I said, wore it a few times then donated it to charity. edit: forgot to add that they were on sale, so no big loss.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think Gucci has some nice shoes. Usually they don't produce that much square toed shoes; moreso concentrating on snaffle bits, and such.

Prada however has some hideous ones. As does MiuMiu.

marc37

Reaction score
Are EG Stowes considered "hip?" Because I oh so dearly want to be hip, and I lust after those shoes daily. I, myself, am guilty of having a pair of clunky square-toed Kenneth Coles. *Sigh*, thankfully I've changed since that disaster of a $75 investment.
Brian: E.G stowes are not hip, they are much more than that. They are the epitany of real gentlemen style of yester-year. An E.G Stowe states: l have arrived. Good taste Brian; l lust after those shoes everyday as well. l also drool over the E.G Yardley monk, E.G malvern spectator, and these: l love the numbers 5, 6, 7. Some of the nicest looking shoes l have seen.
cleverleybe-spoke2.gif
l love the number 7 shoe. lt's gr8 m8.
cleverleybe-spoke.gif
Here are some Artioli be-spoke. l love the shoe on the left. l am getting these made when the bloke comes out to Australia.
artiolishoes4.jpg
P.S: the Sultan of Brunae orders 1,000 pairs a year. He will wear a pair for 4 hours and then gets his servants to burn them. And l thought my m8 Frank was bad. He would destroy his E.G, Church's etc every 3 months. lt's true. None of the people l know look after their good expensive shoes. They chuck them out after a couple of months, Lobb or not, they don't care.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
marc37: what's up with your Prada bootlets (in your signature)? I've checked them out (it's on sale now) - not very nice.

Looking to Improve, if you want to see those Prada"lets", check out De Rode Loper in centrum.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
P.S: the Sultan of Brunae orders 1,000 pairs a year. He will wear a pair for 4 hours and then gets his servants to burn them. And l thought my m8 Frank was bad. He would destroy his E.G, Church's etc every 3 months. lt's true. None of the people l know look after their good expensive shoes. They chuck them out after a couple of months, Lobb or not, they don't care.
I thought the whole point of getting well-made shoes was that they get better with age, especially the antiquing.

I have a pair of square-toed shoes that I first thought looked neat back when I knew nothing. Now I'm loath to wear them. They make good rain shoes, though.

marc37

Reaction score
marc37: what's up with your Prada bootlets (in your signature)?  I've checked them out (it's on sale now) - not very nice.
They aren't Prada, their Gucci. They look like a nice boot; pity they weren't better made. l hear Gucci sell pretty good be-spoke shoes at their flagship store in New York City.

l have found the prada and gucci website photos look alot better than what the shoes actually are. They look gr8 on the website but when you see them in person, they are disapointing.

marc37

Reaction score
I think EGs are very stylish, but how can they be considered "hip"? Â Those that employ the word hip don't even know what EGs are. Â
Be careful Johnny: some of us beasts wear different hats at different times. l have a hip side but also a traditional side and many other sides. l am a man of many sides indeed.
tounge.gif

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(T4phage @ 02 July 2004, 12:53) marc37: what's up with your Prada bootlets (in your signature)? Â I've checked them out (it's on sale now) - not very nice.
They aren't Prada, their Gucci. They look like a nice boot; pity they weren't better made. l hear Gucci sell pretty good be-spoke shoes at their flagship store in New York City. l have found the prada and gucci website photos look alot better than what the shoes actually are. They look gr8 on the website but when you see them in person, they are disapointing.
Well then Prada makes an exact copy of that shoe. btw. why do you like being "anonymous"?

Looking to improve

Reaction score
Looking to Improve, if you want to see those Prada"lets", check out De Rode Loper in centrum.
I'll have a look out of sheer curiosity, but these aren't 'my cup of tea'. At all. MtB *Edit* And besides, I believe they wouldn't combine nicely with my boater
biggrin.gif

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(T4phage @ 02 July 2004, 12:53) Looking to Improve, if you want to see those Prada"lets", check out De Rode Loper in centrum.
I'll have a look out of sheer curiosity, but these aren't 'my cup of tea'. At all. MtB *Edit* And besides, I believe they wouldn't combine nicely with my boater
biggrin.gif

no they wouldn't, but the slim loafers from Santoni would (at Klijsens). btw: their sales have begun.

Looking to improve

Reaction score
(Looking to improve @ 02 July 2004, 11:45) And besides, I believe they wouldn't combine nicely with my boater
biggrin.gif

no they wouldn't, but the slim loafers from Santoni would (at Klijsens). btw: their sales have begun.
Well, since I'll be in the neighbourhood, I'll have a look. Sales are always nice. I just hope they haven't put those boots I recently bought on sale... MtB

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(T4phage @ 02 July 2004, 05:25)
Originally Posted by Looking to improve,02 July 2004, 11:45
And besides, I believe they wouldn't combine nicely with my boater
biggrin.gif

Well, since I'll be in the neighbourhood, I'll have a look. Sales are always nice. I just hope they haven't put those boots I recently bought on sale... MtB
Oh, the loafers were not on sale (new collection)
confused.gif
. I did not see your boots on sale either. One thing, you mentioned in a previous post that you were looking for a good walking boot. Well, they do have a Heschung boot on sale. I personally don't like Heschung but others on the forum do. Give it a go. For about Euro 180 or less, you can't really go wrong.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads