1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by El Argentino, May 22, 2012.

1. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

du mich auch...

2. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

People ignorance is great...

My company sells taxes for Benelux truck tolls as a service to international hauliers.

Driver; I have been arrested by the French Police because I didn't buy my Belgium tax..

Me: The French police doesn't do any check on the Benelux road tax because it has nothing to do with it..

Driver: It was the French police and they were speaking French to each other..

Me: They were Belgium Wallon policemen..

Driver; No ,they were French..

I decided to agree with him because it would have been too long to explain geopolitics to that idiot..

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  3. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

lol wut

4. green bastard

green bastard Senior member

As I was born and raised in Norway, I agree wholeheartedly. The tourist of German descent is the worst of its kind. (Zumindest der gemeine Deutsche.) But that does not matter. Why bring it up? There is no rivalry, if one side is not aware of any competition. But you and the Austrian press are of course free to tilt at windmills as long as you want to.

Stor klem,
    J.

5. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

German tourists tend to be tight...

They do not like to spend their euros ..

That's the main complaint I have heard about them in my youth..

6. dufferin1

dufferin1 Senior member

We should probably get back to football hahaha, predictions for tomorrow?

7. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    Germans don't lke spending there Euros because they need to save them up to bail out the rest of the Eurozone.

Italy for the win.

8. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

On the Iberian Derby, I could go either way. I think Spain will win just by their suffocating tiki-taka, but I would be thrilled if Portugal found a way to win.

In Germany/Italy, I think Germany will progress, but I want Italy to do so.

It's just an underdog kind of day. :slayer:

9. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

I wouldn't mind seeing Italy make finals, but Germany would have to really try for them to have a chance. It's weird being completely neutral. I don't really like the Portuguese, but not even enough to rout against them

10. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

Trout is a big part of Austrian cuisine isn't it? I've never been but I've eaten trout and I'm not a fan. Sachertorte on the other hand is the fucking tits (had it in Munich, it was pretty nice and I can only imagine the actual Sachertorte is even better).

:facepalm: He's going to get so confused if he ever visits America.

TBF I like Germany (well, Bavaria) a lot, as long as its away from the football pitch. But I do like their style of play and management in recent years, its something more countries should look towards. So I'm fairly neutral about this game.

I hope Portugal win and I think they might do too.

11. Burton

Burton Senior member

+1 Hopefully people can leave the silly nationality discussion behind and move on to the purpose of the thread.

Germany

Portugal - Hopefully . . . .

12. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Doubt it

Portugal will probably respect Spain too much and get tiki taka'd to death.

13. Lord-Barrington

Lord-Barrington Senior member

As much as I don't dislike Spain as a national side, I'm sick of pundits and fans trying to convince me that their style of football isn't boring. The fact that so much ink has been spilled over this issue is a good indication that Spain's deliberate style really is, well, boring. For that reason only I'd like to see the Portuguese hit them with an early goal and then have Spain open up their game a bit to catch up. The outcome matters less to me than the show.

The only team I can't stand that's left is Italy. They can get bent.

14. Burton

Burton Senior member

Maybe. Spain is underrated defensively and Portugal do not have a striker. I think this should be a good game.

15. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

I think Spain will treat them like the Iberian side dish they are.

16. Lord-Barrington

Lord-Barrington Senior member

SHOTS FIRED!!!!

17. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

6 years ago it was interesting to watch but ya, in general its gotten kind of boring. All that little tiki taka bullshit in midfield has no real interest. Its just a boring way to control possession. In may ways is just a defensive style played thru midfield. Looks attacking but its really not.

Now that the national team also do it, we're treated to watching the same 3 guys pass eachother the ball over and over. Do you know in the match against Ireland, Xavi complete more passes than the entire Irish team?

If you want to understand just how labored it is, watch the front players, they sit there over and over again making runs that are never rewarded.

If Portugal just play a higher line they will be able to win. Their back 4 can cope, in fact they have arguably been the best back 4 of the tournament. If they show that same stupid deference other team show they are fucked.

18. Burton

Burton Senior member

That sounds more like a German style of play. You have seen the Spanish?? Their game is sorta a side dish--ya know, you have some and you're hungry in about 30 minutes for something a little more meaty.

19. Burton

Burton Senior member

I am hoping for a Germany / Portugal final. Would be nice to have to teams going for the win. I don't dislike Spain, or their style of play, I have just had enough of it.

20. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

Spain has had a relatively easy tournament so far, and it may have lulled them into complacency. If Portugal manages to hit fast they could certainly walk away with a win here. Of course, if they choose to be defensive Nani/Ronaldo will be choked out and given that neither is particularly defensive, Spain goes through 2-0