• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

There is a difference between going in for every tackle and deliberately trying to end someone's career, see Shawcross on Eduardo (I think), he never backs out of a tackle but you know he didn't mean to injure the lad. The ref even said to him "I know it wasn't intentional but because of the injury I have to send you off". Football is a contact sport and sometimes people get injured.
Keane didn't even end Haaland's match the soft ****. Reckons he's a hard man but he wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes against any team in the 70s let alone at ER. Got shown for what he is when he was filmed swearing at players in his son's U12 team.
Edit to add Thatcher's was clearly deliberate and he should have been tried for assault or GBH.

The Leeds lads would have eaten him alive...

Chopper Harris Keane would have been interesting..

Last edited:

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Leeds lads would have eaten him alive...
Chopper Harris Keane would have been interesting..
The only player in Revie's team he would stand a chance against was Eddie Gray. Imagine him or Joey Barton against Dave McKay :O

dufferin1

Reaction score
Huge Fußball fan. Very excited for Euro 2012 and Group B should be interesting. I dislike Portugal immensely and am routing for Germany as my family is German.Really hoping Italy doesn't make it out of the group round.

Will be interesting to see how Poland reacts.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Keane ended his career. Kid came back to play for a while but couldnt move anymore. Should have taken all of Keane's money. Keane is a bigtime asshole. He'll never be a great manager. He's immoral.

Incorrect. Might want to do a little more research before you start talking about topics you (obviously) know nothing about.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18324804
Cardiff now playing in red after new owners consulted fans, realised it might get their car petrol bombed on the way into matches and did it anyway. Foreign owners :facepalm:

Not having an emotional investment in the team, I have no problem with this. If there was another buyer who wanted to "respect" Cardiff's history, then they should have sought him out. Due to the club's own mismanagement, a buyer came in proposing immediate financial solutions at a price - akin to a firesale of repossessed homes, and the board accepted. Boom. Owner should have complete say of his "product." I have no qualms. Don't drive your club into the ground, seek out new finances, and then complain when the one supplying the money has a different vision or wants to change your baby.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You can't really claim to be surprised, can you?

I am, actually. Not for footballing reasons, but because the Irish diaspora is massive, rabid, and vocal.

Not having an emotional investment in the team, I have no problem with this. If there was another buyer who wanted to "respect" Cardiff's history, then they should have sought him out. Due to the club's own mismanagement, a buyer came in proposing immediate financial solutions at a price - akin to a firesale of repossessed homes, and the board accepted. Boom. Owner should have complete say of his "product." I have no qualms. Don't drive your club into the ground, seek out new finances, and then complain when the one supplying the money has a different vision or wants to change your baby.

Sucks for the supporters, though. At least the logo doesn't look terrible (minus the seemingly random bluebird underneath a crest of red and a dragon).

dibango

Reaction score

I find it curious this did not get mentioned^ (WC'10 Finals)

Last edited:

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It wasn't the supporters who mismanaged the club or sold the club.

But the owners should have the legal right to do that (although I would change it so the fans must own 50% or more of the club like they do in Germany)

Feels weird having sympathy for Cardiff too, normally I would hope they **** off the the Welsh Premier and have their derby with TNS.

I find it curious this did not get mentioned^ (WC'10 Finals)

Zidane four years earlier? Would give my right bollock to find out what Materazzi said to him that night.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good lord, I remember that. Someone PLEASE tell me how de Jong wasn't red carded, fined, and suspended from football?

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nothing as good Chile Italy in the 1962 world cup..

If you like gentlemanship ,please turn away now.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Link?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads