• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Team GB getting spanked by Brazil U-23 today. Hahaha. With Becks on a spree right now, have to second guess selection.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Somebody has to get injured before...

They need the two token older Welsh on the pitch...

Richards has to get injured..

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Team GB getting spanked by Brazil U-23 today. Hahaha. With Becks on a spree right now, have to second guess selection.

In their defense, look how stacked the Brazil U-23 team is. The funny thing is that Richards, the player Beckham was dropped for, didn't have much of a game and gave away the penalty.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

In their defense, look how stacked the Brazil U-23 team is. The funny thing is that Richards, the player Beckham was dropped for, didn't have much of a game and gave away the penalty.

Which number had Oscar on his shirt?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't stand Alexi Lalas. Every time he talks about MLS he shills for the Red Bulls. He praises the Red Bulls almost constantly and says other teams should be more like them. Even when he is talking about games that do not involve the Red Bulls. I have never heard him say a negative thing about the Red Bulls.

I know why he does it -- he is pro-MLS, success in NY is good for the league, so hype the NY team -- but I can't stand to listen to such nonsensical commentary.

Even when he says something accurate and not pertaining to the Red Bulls, his tone is annoying. I know that none of you follow the MLS, but I had to get that off my chest.

If you saw him commentate with Ballack during the Euros, then you know how annoying Lalas can be.

Last edited:

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can't stand Alexi Lalas. Every time he talks about MLS he shills for the Red Bulls. He praises the Red Bulls almost constantly and says other teams should be more like them. Even when he is talking about games that do not involve the Red Bulls. I have never heard him say a negative thing about the Red Bulls.
I know why he does it -- he is pro-MLS, success in NY is good for the league, so hype the NY team -- but I can't stand to listen to such nonsensical commentary.
Even when he says something accurate and not pertaining to the Red Bulls, his tone is annoying. I know that none of you follow the MLS, but I had to get that off my chest.
If you saw him commentate with Ballack during the Euros, then you know how annoying Lalas can be.

Lalas has always been obnoxious, even when he was playing. I've kinda gotten used to it, especially because he knows the game (unlike too many commentators to name) and is at least articulate (unlike Taylor Twellman).

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

... and is at least articulate (unlike Taylor Twellman).

If I hear Twellman say one more time, "You've just got to put that on frame" I might bash my head on the screen.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why does he do this?

kmVeV.jpg

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What a freaking twat.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If I hear Twellman say one more time, "You've just got to put that on frame" I might bash my head on the screen.

My personal favorite is when he says "head ball" instead of "header."

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I started an SF Xpert Eleven (www.xperteleven.com) league, would anyone be interested in joining? It's basically a web-based Football Manager type game.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol AVB fined Modric £80k for refusing to train. Spurs off to a smooth start this summer. They could have avoided all this and made a mountain of money by selling last summer.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have never played Manager before, but that's my favorite aspect of various footy videogames - I spend more time doing lineups, transfers, and tactics than perhaps even playing the game.

lol AVB fined Modric £80k for refusing to train. Spurs off to a smooth start this summer. They could have avoided all this and made a mountain of money by selling last summer.

Still hoping Madrid don't give in. Modric's not our type. And even José should know that if a player goes on a limb like this, to the point of being fined, he's probably not a character you want in the dressing room. Straight up mercenary.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads