• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SNS Herning- fits?

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$90 in customs fee is pretty heavy. What was the declared total? I order shoes that are $500-800 from the UK on a regular basis and the customs fee, if at all, would be at around $50 mark.

Because of your height, I would say a small would be sufficient. A XS may work as well, but it will be more fitted. For heavier knits, I prefer them to be a bit loose. I only like my lightweight knits to be fitted.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
34 chest is an xs bro

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

34 chest is an xs bro

Yes, but he's almost at the height of the average American male though (which is listed at 5'10''). The sleeve length and body may be too short with a XS.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I guess that is still a good deal, but last time I ordered overseas, I got hit with 90$ in customs =/.
I didn't actually get the stark yet, I was still debating on whether getting a small or XS. If I'm 5'9" with a 34" chest, would you think a small will fit me quite nicely?

I'd go with XS if I were you unless you happen to have broad shoulders. Your 34" chest is very small. I have a 37.5" chest and XS is what I go with.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, but he's almost at the height of the average American male though (which is listed at 5'10''). The sleeve length and body may be too short with a XS.

I have longer arms than many taller people, 25", and the sleeve fits fine on me.

A XS may no longer be a "long" cardigan for him though since he's 5 ft 9.

My XS is 26" in BODY LENGTH.

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for what it is worth i would say go with a small, you should go by length when choosing your size for the stark. an M and an XS would not fit your properly, so S is the only option left. depends on the look you want, if you want the stark to fit you properly (looks a bit long'ish, the bottom of the knit will fall somwhere around the mid crotch line of your jeans, then get an S) and if you want it to fit like a normal cardigan or sweater (ending near the belt line) then get an XS. but i think the cardigan looks best on people with taller thinner bodies, i would go for an S if i were you.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol 26' is long for someone who's 5'9-10

XS is your size.

BTW 39 inch chest-- Small or medium?

Last edited:

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was kinda drunk last night and bought the last Stark from Roden Gray in a size small, is that thing gonna fit me? Hmm!!

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

XS is your size.

BTW 26' = 26 ft. 26'' = 26 in.

Like I said initially, it depends on the fit. My size small covers my whole rear and is a bit roomy, which is my preferred fit.

AHShadow

Reaction score

$90 in customs fee is pretty heavy. What was the declared total? I order shoes that are $500-800 from the UK on a regular basis and the customs fee, if at all, would be at around $50 mark.
Because of your height, I would say a small would be sufficient. A XS may work as well, but it will be more fitted. For heavier knits, I prefer them to be a bit loose. I only like my lightweight knits to be fitted.

I think they declared something like 250$ plus shipping. Even I was surprised by the amount!

Do you have any fit pics with the Stark?? I'd like to see if that's the fit I would like to get haha. Also, its because if I get the small, it would be Black Melange (the color I want). whereas if I get the Xs, it would be Navy. So that also plays with the decision

I'd go with XS if I were you unless you happen to have broad shoulders. Your 34" chest is very small. I have a 37.5" chest and XS is what I go with.

Yeah, if there was an XS in Black Melange, I'm pretty sure I would of went with that one, but now I'm undecided cause there's color factored in =/.

for what it is worth i would say go with a small, you should go by length when choosing your size for the stark. an M and an XS would not fit your properly, so S is the only option left. depends on the look you want, if you want the stark to fit you properly (looks a bit long'ish, the bottom of the knit will fall somwhere around the mid crotch line of your jeans, then get an S) and if you want it to fit like a normal cardigan or sweater (ending near the belt line) then get an XS. but i think the cardigan looks best on people with taller thinner bodies, i would go for an S if i were you.

XS is your size.

So many different opinions =/. Anyways, thanks a lot SF for trying to help me :D.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, no fit pictures of the Stark.

Both sizes will probably work for you, just different aesthetics. RandomKoreanDude is around 5'7'' IIRC and he rocks a size small pretty well.

AHShadow

Reaction score
I was looking at the past posts for the stark, and was almost settled for the XS, but then I looked here: http://www.anticboutik.com/knitwear/395-stark-sea-blue.html, and saw that the guy is like 5'8" and 154 lbs (around 10 more than me) and he wears a small and that's exactly how I would like the stark to fit me :brick:.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics