• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

SNS Herning- fits?

printfactory1

Reaction score
Hi, I need some help with the sizing, I am 6´1, 185lbs, 44.5 chest and 33 waist, fairly athletic. Which size would fit me best for the fisherman sweater and the stark cardigan?

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do the fishermen sweaters fit these days? I bought one years ago and found that it is very tight in the chest and armpits. Kind of want one with a zipper because I like how they look, but unsure if I should size up

conqueror

Reaction score
Hi, I need some help with the sizing, I am 6´1, 185lbs, 44.5 chest and 33 waist, fairly athletic. Which size would fit me best for the fisherman sweater and the stark cardigan?
i'm the same height, but lighter (180lb) and with a slightly smaller chest (40"ish). i have two starks and both are M, although the sleeves are incredibly long.

Alexidb

Reaction score
With a stark, probably a XL due to your chest size.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You might need to flip back the sleeve cuffs, depending on arm length. I am 6ft 170-5 and a 42 coat and happy in XL in Stark. I don't think a L would work for me at all.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any ideas of how SNS currently fit? I had a Stark 10 years ago, but the current measurements (at End) look tiny, even for an XXL. Also considering the Fisherman Full zip (which is TTS according to the SNS homepage), but haven't found any measurements.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any ideas of how SNS currently fit? I had a Stark 10 years ago, but the current measurements (at End) look tiny, even for an XXL. Also considering the Fisherman Full zip (which is TTS according to the SNS homepage), but haven't found any measurements.
They changed the fit of the stark some years back - they are now a lot shorter. In my opinion the stark fits one size smaller than their other sweaters. It's also quite stretchy, so size charts can be deceptive.
I'd say the fisherman is TTS, a large being equivalent to a 50

karimen

Reaction score
Hi there, I am new to SNS.
I recently purchased two light-weight zip up cardigan, didn't expect the wool is so rough. Do you soften it before first use? It feels like a deluxe sand paper on me.

It may shrink a bit after first wash right?

Blackm

Reaction score
Hello.
I'm interested in the purchase of a new Stark: I've found a size which should fit me well (compared to other knits I have), but I wonder how much I should take into account stretching. It tends to deformate a lot?
Also, quality wise, how are they nowadays? It seems they are no longer knitted in Denmark from their description.
Thank you.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a FIsherman zipped last year, the quality is still fantastic.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.