SNS Herning- fits?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dixonmanor, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Stuck

Stuck Well-Known Member

Looking at my receipt, it looks like he shipped using the Danish mail service and it got to me via USPS. I definitely remember having to stop by the post office to sign for it.

2. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

I heard UPS increases the chances of getting hit with customs

3. wj4

wj4 Senior member

It looks like it was the day of customs for me. I also got a letter from DHL stating they want around $50 in customs.

4. applky

applky Senior member

Any private mail service (like DHL, UPS, or FedEx) will charge you customs/brokerage fees if the value of the package is not written down -- especially if you have it delivered to your work, which is presumably a commercial address. If you've gotten away with no fees so far, it's mostly luck. (For this reason I refuse to order from Albam. Their stuff is nice and fairly priced, but not unique enough to pay for shipping and customs fees.)

USPS, however, generally will not charge you fees. If you can, ask a shipper to either mark down the value of the package or ship it via their country's regular post, which will go via USPS once it's in the U.S.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  5. ctbomber

ctbomber Well-Known Member

Is Tres Bien the only shop that carries Burgundy?
    Made me sad when I saw there was no small.
    Also made me even more sad when I saw I missed out on the sale on mrporter at $175. Would like a heavier knit like this that looks attractive and not in the standard black / navy colors.

6. thomasec

thomasec Senior member

7. ctbomber

ctbomber Well-Known Member

8. iroh

iroh Senior member

for SNS stuff what is the next best alternative to the stark? I need another knit, but i can't get another stark. the condtions: it can't be a sweater (only cardigans) and no zippers. what is available?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  9. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

So you want an SNS, knitted, with buttons, but it can't be a sweater and it can't be a Stark? GTFO

10. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

they make other cardigans, I just got one that is a 'cardigan, but not a Stark.' There are over 30 SNS styles or something.

11. cchen

cchen Senior member

amalgam

12. S-Town

S-Town Senior member

the Version cardigan looks like a really lightweight piece. And the Ratio cardigan is awesome looking. I think it's the best looking cardigan they do. Not a stark fan...too long with too many buttons.

13. AHShadow

AHShadow Senior member

Thanks, I'll be getting one!

Has anyone ever ordered from this site? Tempted to get the Navy Stark but I'm scared to get hit by customs again =/.

14. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Still a pretty good deal, assuming you get hit with $50 in customs. If you can get a new SNS Herning for around $300, I think that's a solid deal. If you're a bigger dude, you may be able to get better deals, but from what I observe, size small goes quickly.

How is the fit on you with a size XS? I'm asking because I'm 5'9'' to 5'10'' with a 37'' chest and I go with small in all SNS Herning pieces. I can't imagine myself sizing down to XS.

15. AHShadow

AHShadow Senior member

Yeah, I guess that is still a good deal, but last time I ordered overseas, I got hit with 90$ in customs =/.

I didn't actually get the stark yet, I was still debating on whether getting a small or XS. If I'm 5'9" with a 34" chest, would you think a small will fit me quite nicely?