• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SNS Herning- fits?

corneliusparky

Reaction score
I'll probably get banned for even suggesting this but would it be possible to cut the length on a stark neck by half? Basically I want an Amalgam or Apex but they are hard to find in S. I'd move the top button but don't know how I'd finish the top. :embar:

M4xime

Reaction score
That is a great fit. Good job. Overall outfit looks great too.

Thanks!

Looks quite good, I'm assuming you're going to keep it then?
biggrin.gif

I am indeed, was gonna inbox you, sorry mate

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My L fisherman crew measures 20.5" pit-to-pit.

I have a fisherman full zip in size L, too and I wear M in J.Crew etc, and i wear L in slim fitting brands. I'm 6'3" 175.

I don't know what my Fisherman measures, but the p2p measurement is not the full story of these knits. It's pretty important, but it doesn't account for how much taper happens to the waist, or the stretch of the fabric, or, or...not to mention the subtle variation from piece to piece or season to season (not talking about major changes).

You can't just look at one measurement and decide if it will work or not.

fungz0r

Reaction score
Anybody buy womens pieces for SO? There's a bunch of stuff on sale at reborn, along with mens stuff too in larges mostly

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
not that hard people

corneliusparky

Reaction score
Got the Paragon shawl in. I like it....surprised the L fits quite well though I realize it's not traditional tight SNS sizing (I'm a true M). I've been looking for a relaxed fitting wool sweater so leaning towards keeping it. Thick knit, warmer than my fisherman.

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got the Paragon shawl in. I like it....surprised the L fits quite well though I realize it's not traditional tight SNS sizing (I'm a true M). I've been looking for a relaxed fitting wool sweater so leaning towards keeping it. Thick knit, warmer than my fisherman.

that looks good on you, a little big, but it sounds like you want a relaxed fit.
regardless, I love the way the paragon knit looks like some kind of comfy armor, but hate how every pic I've seen shows those loose seams.

corneliusparky

Reaction score
Thanks, I think I have a problem. Have bought two SNS in the couple of weeks and looking for more :embar: I must be odd....I dig the pattern that shows through due to the loose seams. But I imagine if you didn't like that you could just wear the same color underneath.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Awesome fit

Change shoe and that prob one Of the best fits with the SNS

Re: maxime

Last edited:

InHocSignio

Reaction score
So I just got my Paragon knit cardigan from Triads in Large, this one:

I was originally planning to buy an Army Green Mix Stark and this and then pick one or other to return. But then, after I bought the Paragon and it shipped, I almost immediately began regretting my purchase because I thought the patterning, though awesome, was too bold for the casual style I was planning to wear it with. Now that it's actually here, however, I like it alot. First thing I noticed right off the bat is that the fit is much looser than the Stark's -- I'm thinking what this forum calls the "old style". Secondly, the intricacy and boldness of the knit is not that apparent in low light, and only really pops when I tested it under harsh incandescent -- upon which it looks like cool but definitely not casual body armor.

The problem for me is that I think keeping it might be a tad impractical. I live in an area of the South which doesn't get that much cold weather, and probably would only have use of the Stark and/or Paragon for cold nights/lecture halls/movie theatres. It's a beautiful piece, but I'm unsure it will get much use. I've definitely moved from 90/10 no-keep/keep to like 35/65 now though...

Last edited:

sontroy

Reaction score
I'm also looking for the paragon SNS Herning knit in Black Melange. I wear Medium in most SNS, but it is only possible to trace the paragon knit in a large. So if you say that you nomarlly wear medium, but in SNS large, then I maybe one to buy a large too. Can I ask how tall you are? And how much do you weight?

InHocSignio

Reaction score
I'm also looking for the paragon SNS Herning knit in Black Melange. I wear Medium in most SNS, but it is only possible to trace the paragon knit in a large. So if you say that you nomarlly wear medium, but in SNS large, then I maybe one to buy a large too. Can I ask how tall you are? And how much do you weight?

If you are asking me, I am 6' 2'' - 6' 3'', 190. I usually wear a Medium in non-slim fit shirts, and Large in slim fit ones, corresponding to a 40 inch chest. Large in the Paragon *cardigan* -- not the shawl pullover, which I don't have -- is a great fit off the bat. I think the little seams that connect the bars -- and which also expose the underlying area of cloth/skin, wouldn't wear this knit with a v-neck -- give it quite a bit of stretchiness that the Stark doesn't have, for a very relaxed fit that melds to the body easier. I'm wearing it right now at 77 degrees indoors and I'm comfortable as hell.

EDIT:

Stark Fit:

Paragon Fit:

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, NatCXL Indy

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads