• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SNS Herning- fits?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sym

Reaction score
42" chest, should I go for a L or XL?

If a L looks like it does in the above photo on someone with a 40-inch chest like me, then XL for sure.

I'm afraid a XL might be too long. I'm usually a M in J.Crew/Polo and L in slimmer fitting brands.

Mind measuring pit to pit on the sweater? Ideal for me is usually 21-22.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm afraid a XL might be too long. I'm usually a M in J.Crew/Polo and L in slimmer fitting brands.
Mind measuring pit to pit on the sweater? Ideal for me is usually 21-22.

If you wear those sizes, you will be a L. XL will be giant.

superego

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
correct me if I'm wrong, but if I take an XL in the old stark, with the L being very tight, I'd be ridiculous to consider buying the fisherman full zip in size L, correct? old stark and fisherman are basically going to fit the same.

Liam123

Reaction score
Hey SNS-guys. Looking for some sizing advice, and would appreciate your input. Im planning to purchase the Stark sweater in size Small (old fit).
I'm 189cm tall and really skinny. I heard that the older fit is is long so I think it will work, but maybe im to tall? Please help
shog[1].gif

corneliusparky

Reaction score
It was my understanding the old stark sizing was the only marked SNS sizing difference...rest of line was same sizing. Maybe I'm wrong.

I have a M full zip fisherman that fits v well but the Mr Porter old stock Stark in M was big in the waist and LONG. 5'10 150 chest 39, waist 30 for reference.

Liam123

Reaction score
It was my understanding the old stark sizing was the only marked SNS sizing difference...rest of line was same sizing. Maybe I'm wrong.

I have a M full zip fisherman that fits v well but the Mr Porter old stock Stark in M was big in the waist and LONG. 5'10 150 chest 39, waist 30 for reference.

Do you think old stock of Stark in small could fit me? 189 cm tall, skinny

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads