• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

__CB__

Reaction score
^ Yeah same - I'm around 5"10 or 11 and the McQueen's hit right at the top of oxfords/sneakers.

I think that's perfect for summer, but prefer a slightly longer in-seam in winter.

Clover216

Reaction score
So is it safe to say the best <$100 pair of slim chinos are J.Crew's slim-fit? What about their officer chinos? As far as their webshop's pictures go, I sort of like the look of the officer chino more than the slimfit.

jwied82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by __CB__
Does anyone know if Rag & Bone's Newman chinos (photo on http://www.odinnewyork.com/) are the same as their McQueen chino from last summer? They look the same to me (from photos), but haven't tried these new ones on in person....

I hope so, cos the McQueen was the best fitting khaki's (and perhaps even pants, period) I've ever bought

Im pretty sure the newmans are the same as the McQueens, they just renamed them. They look like have the same ouseam detail thing, which i actually dont mind.
I have some McQueens from ss08 in mushroom, which is actually that same fabric as the dark mushroom newmans. I know this because i ordered the cotton blazer in dark mushroom and then found once i got it that it matched my McQueens, which i wasn't expecting.

Anyway, i've been wating some slim cut khaki colored chinos, so i just ordered these: http://www.eluxury.com/estore/browse...sp?id=12172440

Trendy Sing Sing

Reaction score
My H and M khakis were cheap, but I had to get them tailored in the waist a little bit cause H and M fits weird a lot. Then again, your gambling on quality. I got lucky.

Trendy Sing Sing

Reaction score
No.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Clover216
So is it safe to say the best <$100 pair of slim chinos are J.Crew's slim-fit? What about their officer chinos? As far as their webshop's pictures go, I sort of like the look of the officer chino more than the slimfit.

The officer chinos are not slim. They're an old-fashioned full cut.

pokey07

Reaction score
I'm looking for a couple slim fit pairs of chinos... I have to start stockpiling the business casual look and I'm not even sure where to start. How does J.Crew Urban Slim fit?

Hermitedge

Reaction score
^^ for biz casual, you could look into the bowery pant which is essentially a dressier version for the urban slim cut.

tim_pnin

Reaction score
I bought some j crew "essential" chinos last year and they started coming apart after ~5 wears.

I've had better luck with BB "milano" advantage chinos. They are 2 for 139 right now on bb.com. Slim fit, smaller leg opening, adequate construction, non-iron.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads