• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
J. Crew and Rugby slim khakis tend have a saggy ass that makes me look more gangster than smartly dressed. Do you guys have similar problems?

8bpc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by benjamin831
J. Crew and Rugby slim khakis tend have a saggy ass that makes me look more gangster than smartly dressed. Do you guys have similar problems?

What slim Khaki's/Chino's are at the J. Crew price point without the saggy a$$? Can a tailor perform any alterations to resolve the J. Crew saggy a$$ problem?

Mark_Y

Reaction score
Brooks Brothers Clarks Advantage are pretty slim fit if you get the flat fronts.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by davidk
Does anybody have any experience with these chinos or know of this particular brand?

http://www.ssense.com/Dr._Denim-Men-...ki_Chino/12163

I don't, but they don't look too bad. The leg opening seems a bit too skinny for my tastes in a chino though, at least for work pants anyway.

Originally Posted by 8bpc
What slim Khaki's/Chino's are at the J. Crew price point without the saggy a$$? Can a tailor perform any alterations to resolve the J. Crew saggy a$$ problem?

It was mentioned in the other slim khaki/chino thread as well (which is WAY better than this one although this one was resurrected instead for some reason), but the Gap orignal's are what you'd be looking for at a similar price point and mall brand. Try the Docker's slim city chino also (check my posts in the other thread) for fit pics. Those are sweet and can be had at JC Penny's, Macy's, Sears, etc. for about $25-30. The leg opening closer to 8.5", but that can be fixed by a tailor.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mulansauce
I don't think this is universal. Mine were accurate, as were every other pair I tried on.

Lately I have been noticing this on Gap and J Crew khakis. While I've bought 30 inseam khakis forever, they lately have been seeming too short on me. I've had to buy 32 inseam khakis for the last year, and I know these legs aint getting any longer!

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
Lately I have been noticing this on Gap and J Crew khakis. While I've bought 30 inseam khakis forever, they lately have been seeming too short on me. I've had to buy 32 inseam khakis for the last year, and I know these legs aint getting any longer!

Amen to that shiz. Same situation here. Apparently the US population has grown overly large (which is true) leading to tent-fit clothing and shorter (which I think is quite the opposite). It's ******* annoying. Add a regular wash and dryer cycle to the already short inseams and you have pants that fit like Capri's. The 30 inseam at Gap I bought recently is getting returned for a 32.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Why am I having the opposite problem? My khakis seem to fit when I try them on in the fitting room. Inseam seems right on. Snug in the seat and waist. Take them home and they seem to grow overnight. I'm especially having trouble getting the length right, ie, my usual inseam of 34 seems about an inch too long these days. I have lost weight, so I suppose that may be part of it. And I don't suppose it would cost much to have them taken up.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
Amen to that shiz. Same situation here. Apparently the US population has grown overly large (which is true) leading to tent-fit clothing and shorter (which I think is quite the opposite). It's ******* annoying. Add a regular wash and dryer cycle to the already short inseams and you have pants that fit like Capri's. The 30 inseam at Gap I bought recently is getting returned for a 32.

Word. 3 Pairs of khakis bought last year are now worthless cuz I look like Pee-Wee herman.

[insert joke here]

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Why am I having the opposite problem? My khakis seem to fit when I try them on in the fitting room. Inseam seems right on. Snug in the seat and waist. Take them home and they seem to grow overnight. I'm especially having trouble getting the length right, ie, my usual inseam of 34 seems about an inch too long these days. I have lost weight, so I suppose that may be part of it. And I don't suppose it would cost much to have them taken up.

Do you stop at the Cinabon and Cold Stone before visiting J. Crew? I find my pants never fit as well after I **** out the Cinabon I had floating inside me while I was trying on my pants originally.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mulansauce
Do you stop at the Cinabon and Cold Stone before visiting J. Crew? I find my pants never fit as well after I **** out the Cinabon I had floating inside me while I was trying on my pants originally.

Ha, er, no. I do most of my shopping at the end of the work day when I'm kind of hungry and haven't had dinner yet. If anything, I should be skinnier then.

bsyde82

Reaction score
sorry if this has already been asked, but does anyone have experience with those Our Legacy sundried chinos on tresbienshop? Really like the look and apparent fit of those chinos, but obviously pics can be deceiving. Price is reasonable too assuming this is > j.crew fit/quality

photofabix

Reaction score
I bought some of the Jcrew slim (classic fit) chinos a week or two ago when they had there sale online, 27 including tax and shipping. Overall I'm not to impressed, I thought they felt pretty slim but as you can see in this photo the thighs look kinda baggy.

Size 34wx32L Eclipse Blue

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by photofabix
I bought some of the Jcrew slim (classic fit) chinos a week or two ago when they had there sale online, 27 including tax and shipping. Overall I'm not to impressed, I thought they felt pretty slim but as you can see in this photo the thighs look kinda baggy.

Size 34wx32L Eclipse Blue

Did you try on a smaller size? To me it just looks like maybe it's not the right size for you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics