• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
But would I be a lover of kooky cocks or a kooky guy that loves cock?

Hopefully neither, though I did like "kooky sock lover"

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read it as the latter.

Last edited:

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a matter of fact, it has been scientifically proven that the way you read it says a lot about you.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:lookaround:

Naive Jr.

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

That's true for British English but the US has its own way of kickin' it (saying words) ♬ ♪ I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know my c's ♪ ♬

(In American English, you have to add a cedilha to make the c be pronounced like a k. And so it would have to be Çlaghorn.)

Dear L 'Incandescent,

I did not refer to British English, and if it is true or not, is another question I do not want to discuss now. We were discussing Claghorn under the implicit assumption of American English. You don't provide any argument or example to demonstrate that what I stated was wrong, because any such woul be wrong. In regard to your pride in belonging to a particular political collective, as a human being whose individuality appears in community, one can learn to know a true relationship. If you are interested in language, you can study phonetics as well as the collective to which English belongs, Indo-European, which as language family belongs to the science of (all) language, just as you as a human individual belong to the human race.Who you are, what <America> Is, you can know superficially, if you wish.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dear L 'Incandescent,

I did not refer to British English, and if it is true or not, is another question I do not want to discuss now. We were discussing Claghorn under the implicit assumption of American English. You don't provide any argument or example to demonstrate that what I stated was wrong, because any such woul be wrong. In regard to your pride in belonging to a particular political collective, as a human being whose individuality appears in community, one can learn to know a true relationship. If you are interested in language, you can study phonetics as well as the collective to which English belongs, Indo-European, which as language family belongs to the science of (all) language, just as you as a human individual belong to the human race.Who you are, what <America> Is, you can know superficially, if you wish.

Dear Naive,

If you had read L'Incadescent's post more thoroughly, you would have noticed that he actually made the point that in American English, Claghorn is pronounced "Slaghorn" unless you add the cedilha. Thusly, if Claghorn's username were "Çlaghorn", in American English, it would be pronounced "Klaghorn". This is American English 101 and should have been tought to you by your Grundschullehrer.

To sum it up, you just made a complete arse out of yourself and demonstrated blatant deficits in reading comprehension.

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It's Scottish and can only be pronounced correctly when belligerently drunk.

emptym

Reaction score
We've definitely been keeping an eye on 38R and Naive. Casey's assessment of 38r's misunderstanding seemed right on to me after scanning all those old posts. No matches for Naive, fwiw. But I've TO'd him for a couple weeks to give us a break and him some time to find other interests.

Btw, just wanted to remind people that asking for extra money to cover Paypal fees in the classifieds section is against their rules and ours. Don't do it.

Last edited:

donjuan17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never saw what the issue was with 38R. He seems like a relaxed guy and we've talked and traded items through pm.
Always hated seeing how everyone jumped on him as soon as he posted.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Two socks talking to each other in the Cars thread.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Two socks talking to each other in the Cars thread.

sorry couldn't help it: thought of this after reading your poast, piob...

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking the sock epidemic has reached the Watch Appreciation Thread as well, in the form of "neville irving" and "AbrahamLebowitz"...

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
connorgoulding