• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve bought a few pieces every season for a while now and I must say I don’t really have the sizing issues you guys are feeling. Not sure why.

Yeah, it fits different from season to season but going tts has mostly worked for me. (Caveat I haven’t bought eg pants in a while)

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't know how smaller guys do it with EG to be honest. I'm a pretty normal M/32 and EG **** is huge on me (and i'm 6'3"). It just doesn't make much sense. I want to love it but man, it's hard.

InsulaTergum

Reaction score
Pants are where I struggle too. I’ve had shirting and jackets from as far back as 09 all the way up to SS19 and have never had an issue finding the right size but with their pants I’ve never found a pair that fits just right. My latest attempts on going TTS on the SS19 fatigues was a complete failure but I’m fairly confident a medium would work great so I’m going to keep on trying.

Sieglinde

Reaction score
Well I'd imagine the folks that have been with the brand since the beginning must be happy with the changes to the fit but those that started when the collection went slim have a right to be disappointed about the current fit.

grayfox

Reaction score
Were the white EG vans exclusive to Nepenthes this season?
I can find the black, navy and brown at a lot of retailers but haven’t even seen the white at all.
I’d appreciate it if anybody has leads.
Thanks
Seems like to to me as well. Thankfully ordered a white pair from nep already for my girlfriend

cbusguy

Reaction score
i like slim and loose eg. i think it just depends on the brand. there are a lot of brands make the exact same thing season after season.

i like being able to replace clothes (e.g., i've bought 3 workaday hoodies over the years) instead of buying multiple at one time (i've done this too though, usually with things from uniqlo because i know they will never be back). i'm usually not trying to follow trends. and i like to collect things ?

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was an S in Bedfords in 2017 and the ones I got I wouldn’t call slim, they had a lot of room. If XS is now the way to go that’s cool but I don’t want to look like I’m wearing Vetements.
I’m cool with the EG aesthetic but I still just want to know the equivalent of size 36.

conqueror

Reaction score
As EG has been trending baggier, I've found myself buying less. I feel like it's gone from "anti-fit" to "kid wearing his dad's clothes". It definitely seems like you need the right body type to pull it off—more so than past seasons (i.e. 2016 and earlier). I'd size down, buy they've been cutting the sleeves and body length too short.

this echoes my thoughts as well. i'm 6'1 and some of the recent tops in S are even too big on me. to be blunt, i think a lot of the recent shirting in particular looks horrible on most people. there is slightly oversized and then just straight-up sloppy.

edit: regarding pricing, yeah, wages/materials/shipping etc generally continue to increase in the majority of industries. but the label continues to grow and there would be a significant element of daiki actually wanting to make a profitable living from his labor as well, despite any puritan illusions assuming otherwise. at least rrp hasn't reached vis or acronym levels of total insanity just yet.

Last edited:

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sizing is a return to normal. Slim fit EG is dumb.
Maybe not dumb but the original aesthetic was loose fit (who tried on the US Navy pants back then? Like tents for your legs...) , although I recall there have always been a few slim/regular piecs, like the desert pants from around 2009 and most of the earlier Workaday stuff. (which is now definitely up sized)

whereeaglesdare

Reaction score
I've worked in fashion retail for the last fifteen years and I would say I don't know a single brand that does the exact same thing every season. Most are constantly changing and adapting the sizing, cut and pattern of their garments.
Trends, styles and fashions come and go. Brands have to cater to what their customers and the market want or they would not be around for long. Its the nature of the industry.
The best way to ensure the kind of cuts and styles you like, stay in the brand's rotation is to support the brand and your local retailers and buy the styles you like at RRP. Most retailers can't afford to have items make it to sale, and if it happens regularly they are unlikely to keep ordering that style.
I know the price of EG is high, but then so is the quality. Remember you are not just paying for the material, but the many steps along the way from design, sourcing of the fabrics cutting, manufacture, labour and freight.
The price hikes at a wholesale level have only been on average $3-$5 an item since 2015 and as someone here has mentioned already that does add an additional $30-$40 at a retail level.
These increases are mainly due to the increased costs associated with running wholesale and retail businesses such as the rise in workers wages and rents going up. Don't forget the brand and the retailers have to make a profit to be able to stay in business.
The current prices are unfortunately just what it costs to be able to make made in USA garments on a scale that Engineered Garments does.

@Chaconne If you are a 36" waist then you are a size Medium Pant which is meant to fit a 34-36" waist according to Engineered Garments size chart.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads