• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

illiterate

Reaction score
Outside of the Nepenthes family, off the top of my head, there's Monitaly, Post Overalls, Kaptain Sunshine, ts(s), OrSlow, S H Shirt, Auralee, Casey Casey, Margaret Howell, Evan Kinori, Nigel Cabourn, Arpenteur, Universal Works, to name a few in no particular order
I love Margaret Howell but always amused by how long their sleeves are sometimes.

blackcheer

Reaction score
I love Margaret Howell but always amused by how long their sleeves are sometimes.
I'm not that familiar with MH. I have a couple of their knits and love them. The sleeves are a bit long, but I have long arms, so it works out, and I just roll them up once. The few other things I've tried on didn't fit me at all

I love EG's loiter. The boxier fit works well for me because I have broad shoulders for my height. When it comes to alternatives, the two items in my closet that I think are comparable are a RandT studio jacket, a Monitaly jail jacket, an orSlow pajama shirt from a few years ago, and an orSlow "light simple work jacket" from this season.

blackcheer

Reaction score
This is a first. I'm guessing it's custom.

i-img891x1200-1716453408m2mvuq217907.jpg
i-img1200x800-1716453414re183k213559.jpg
i-img1200x800-1716453418g8crew215967.jpg

Available here, if anyone's interested:

illiterate

Reaction score
I'm not that familiar with MH. I have a couple of their knits and love them. The sleeves are a bit long, but I have long arms, so it works out, and I just roll them up once. The few other things I've tried on didn't fit me at all

I love EG's loiter. The boxier fit works well for me because I have broad shoulders for my height. When it comes to alternatives, the two items in my closet that I think are comparable are a RandT studio jacket, a Monitaly jail jacket, an orSlow pajama shirt from a few years ago, and an orSlow "light simple work jacket" from this season.
Yeah, nothing beats the loiter for me. Just the right amount of formal & casual for my office job.

blackcheer

Reaction score
Am i the only one that is starting to grow extremly bored by EG's (very) poor quality the 2 last seasons ?

Bought 2 deck pants in double cloth. navy and olive.
I barely worn them.They went through one cold wash and man... the color is just washing off.
Its not even fading at this point. its just plain white stains on the center of the thighs.

Im starting to see the same pattern with a heavy twill loiter jacket from 2 years ago.

I know EG's quality standards have downgraded, in every sense but I fear they've reached a step that I didnt expect them to be comfortable to go with.
I still love the design and the fit but lets face it, its becoming cheap.
Flogging a dead horse, but here's another example of how double cloth fades, showing similar wear lines

Last edited:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh no…I thought that was from washing and ironing too much. (I have no choice as I can’t do the freewheeling wrinkled look at work.) Bummer.

Cil

Reaction score
Hey all - I've got a bush shirt that I'm a fan of, but at 5'7" I find it pretty hard to wear without it being slightly too 'out there' due to the length. However, pinning it up renders something similar to the cagoule shirt, looks good (to me) and I'm confident I could shorten and re-hem successfully. My question is whether altering a (non-leg wear, since that's commonly accepted) EG piece is:
  1. Sacrilege to the original vision.
  2. Part of the original vision 'There are many ways...'
  3. Just fine and I'm thinking way too deeply into this.
Thoughts?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey all - I've got a bush shirt that I'm a fan of, but at 5'7" I find it pretty hard to wear without it being slightly too 'out there' due to the length. However, pinning it up renders something similar to the cagoule shirt, looks good (to me) and I'm confident I could shorten and re-hem successfully. My question is whether altering a (non-leg wear, since that's commonly accepted) EG piece is:
  1. Sacrilege to the original vision.
  2. Part of the original vision 'There are many ways...'
  3. Just fine and I'm thinking way too deeply into this.
Thoughts?

If you like the way it looks, do it!

Beedub

Reaction score
Some photos of it worn could be helpful?
I’m quite fortunate in that I’ve almost never needed to adjust the fit of EG items, trousers get cuffed once or twice but that’s about it. There have been exceptions however, I’ve had the sleeves on an old flannel work shirt shortened and removed some hammer loops from a pair of carpenter-style pants that seemed to have an excessive amount of them.
I’d be wary of making major alterations if you have doubts about the item though- in my experience those doubts will mean you pick out other things over that each time you’re considering wearing it and if you decide to move it on, you’ll struggle if you’ve made significant changes to it.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I assume we'll see SS25 sometime next week at Paris Fashion Week. I've warmed up to SS24 after being initially iffy about it.
I will post the SS25 lookbook but only after the Paris showing.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fortnitevbuckscard