• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dwild

Reaction score
Beach day:

unnamed.jpg

Camp Shirt
Ghurka Shorts
Soludos
Not sure about the year/season on either piece.

illiterate

Reaction score
Hey all, sorry if this is not the right place to post this. New here and trying to learn the ropes. I'm considering finally biting the bullet and getting the classic EG chambray workshirt, but am not sure about sizes. I've had trouble finding good measurements for XS/S and want to make sure I get it right, since I've heard it's good to size down and I've personally tried on things at Nepenthes in NY that felt enormous at my normal size. I'm a 2 in Orslow and a Small in most brands' BDs (incl Uniqlo). I'm guessing the XS is the move? Anyone who's around my size and has insights - greatly appreciated!!!
Based on what you've listed XS is probably what you're looking for if you want a slimmer fit. A lot of stockists lists measurements so you should double check with them before purchasing.

kittycorraller

Reaction score
Hey all, sorry if this is not the right place to post this. New here and trying to learn the ropes. I'm considering finally biting the bullet and getting the classic EG chambray workshirt, but am not sure about sizes. I've had trouble finding good measurements for XS/S and want to make sure I get it right, since I've heard it's good to size down and I've personally tried on things at Nepenthes in NY that felt enormous at my normal size. I'm a 2 in Orslow and a Small in most brands' BDs (incl Uniqlo). I'm guessing the XS is the move? Anyone who's around my size and has insights - greatly appreciated!!!

What's your height/weight? I'm 5'6, 160 lbs, and this season's shirts (or at least the 20th century bd in S) run quite big. I could have easily gone for an XS. Depends if you want that oversized looking not, but I would say that sizing down at least one makes sense.

dum_surfer

Reaction score
What's your height/weight? I'm 5'6, 160 lbs, and this season's shirts (or at least the 20th century bd in S) run quite big. I could have easily gone for an XS. Depends if you want that oversized looking not, but I would say that sizing down at least one makes sense.

I'm 5'7", about 140. Pretty consistent S in most Japanese brands, usually an XS with Euro brands like, say, Acne or Our Legacy. I'm fine with a standard/classic fit that's on the "relaxed" side, but not purposely oversized.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Seems like most vendors would be happy to provide measurements if you gave them a call. At least, that’s been my experience.

kittycorraller

Reaction score
I'm 5'7", about 140. Pretty consistent S in most Japanese brands, usually an XS with Euro brands like, say, Acne or Our Legacy. I'm fine with a standard/classic fit that's on the "relaxed" side, but not purposely oversized.
Then definitely go for an XS if you can find it. It will most likely still be a relaxed fit, but the S would be intentionally oversized. This applies to SS20 at least. I've heard that things have been trending larger in recent seasons, but I can't 100% speak to past seasons. I want to say I bought a FW18 overshirt that was oversized as well, but my memory isn't that reliable.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Then definitely go for an XS if you can find it. It will most likely still be a relaxed fit, but the S would be intentionally oversized. This applies to SS20 at least. I've heard that things have been trending larger in recent seasons, but I can't 100% speak to past seasons. I want to say I bought a FW18 overshirt that was oversized as well, but my memory isn't that reliable.
I’m 5’9 175 and even the smalls this season on my are too long and wide in stomache

farood

Reaction score
2020 fit :
20200505_183221-01.jpeg

20200505_183951-01.jpeg
Cableami paraffin weather hat
orSlow work vest and BD shirt
SS05 Jeans - White selvedge canvas
Yuketen belt and all handsewns

2019 fit :
xQGVCdt.jpg

i95y0QJ.jpg
Norse Projects hat
SS19 Barbour x EG Thompson jacket - Sand
FW07 Photographer vest - khaki nyco ripstop
Uniqlo U sling bag
Descente Pause packable pants
Karhu Fusion 2.0 sneakers

farood

Reaction score
2020 fit :
20200502_181629-01.jpeg

20200502_183546-01.jpeg
Cableami paraffin weather hat
FW18 Barbour x EG zip parka
Workaday tee
orSlow 101 jeans
Yuketen maine guide boots - olive waxed flesh

2019 fit :
OjKGkWL.jpg

z6rhyEA.jpg
MIF Waxed bucket hat
Eastlogue SS19 Battle Jerkin vest - Olive nylon ripstop
SS18 19th C BD shirt - tropical birds
Monitaly Utility pants - khaki cotton ripstop
Needles sneakers

farood

Reaction score
2020 fit :
20200430_183501-01.jpeg

20200430_183732-01.jpeg
Barbour hat
FW15 No collar coverall - natural denim
Our Legacy shirt
orSlow Fatigues
Converse one star x EG

2019 fit :
3BM4CQJh.jpg

ay0MXgCh.jpg
SS17 Explorer Jacket - Navy CL sheeting
SS18 Camp Shirt - Navy/Red Afghan Print
orSlow x TBB
Yuketen

illiterate

Reaction score
2020 fit :
20200430_183501-01.jpeg

20200430_183732-01.jpeg
Barbour hat
FW15 No collar coverall - natural denim
Our Legacy shirt
orSlow Fatigues
Converse one star x EG

2019 fit :
3BM4CQJh.jpg

ay0MXgCh.jpg
SS17 Explorer Jacket - Navy CL sheeting
SS18 Camp Shirt - Navy/Red Afghan Print
orSlow x TBB
Yuketen
So upset I missed out on the navy and red Afghan print camp shirts

withbluejeans

Reaction score
Anyone in the EG loop know of the potential of bringing back their khaki poplin baker? Been looking for this blazer for years now and I haven't seen it since it's last iteration (guessing around '14?). Either way, was curious if anyone might have some insight.

besbesbes

Reaction score
Anyone in the EG loop know of the potential of bringing back their khaki poplin baker? Been looking for this blazer for years now and I haven't seen it since it's last iteration (guessing around '14?). Either way, was curious if anyone might have some insight.
Loiter is pretty similar in style and available this season in high count twill (which is really lightweight).
9807333C-93F0-46F1-B137-D7DDF79E0ED9.jpeg

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
C54E1661-C58C-4657-890C-8311BB11BF2D.jpeg

My EG / BLM moment!
Baker Jacket Madras Plaid
USN Pant Tan Ripstop Cotton
EG Longbill Cap
Drinkwater White Cambridge Oxford BD
Paraboot Barth Boat Moc
W. Kleinberg Cromexel Belt
Drinkwater’s Chambray Mask

Hope everyone is safe and well!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads