• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
jw1b.jpg

yes or no?

Yes! Saw something similar in j. crew. Go for it!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
junya, it's really good in person the colors are beautiful

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
lol. at almost $900 i'm in no way interested anymore. good luck
Yeah I know. But nearly all Japanese jackets that are nice tend to cost at least $500 to $800 for even non-leather ones, so the price is not unusual for what it is. If anyone has any suggestions for jackets that are similar (but cheaper), I'd be interested in hearing about them. One problem I always run up against is few of the cheaper brands available here in the US will make sizes which are small enough to fit me. I need something that's sized similar to Euro size 44. But most brands here in the US are more like a size 48 for size S and often there is not even an XS size available. And on the rare chance I find something cheaper that fits, often the quality sucks because its designed for younger people who cannot afford anything better.

nonissue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by killingmoon
I guess this is the right place for this, but I had to get a blazer for when there's a "dress code" and the fit alludes me. I got a 42 and a 44 from H&M; I think the 44 is the best fit, with a sleeve length alteration, but maybe the 42 is better?

11045530.jpg

30801071.jpg

Both are too small in the chest. Try a 46, or a different fit, because those aren't working for you.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
hahahaa what a biter

yes but it is it reversible too???

gelassenheit

Reaction score
Not sure about the arm details. Looks comfortable as hell though.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess this is the right place for this, but I had to get a blazer for when there's a "dress code" and the fit alludes me. I got a 42 and a 44 from H&M; I think the 44 is the best fit, with a sleeve length alteration, but maybe the 42 is better? 42
11045530.jpg
30801071.jpg

Forget the size 42-- it looks terrible on you. Look at the pulling around the button and the ill looking side profile with curved back and your rear end sticking way out. These are signs of a blazer that is too small. If you went with that blazer you'd probably have to always wear it unbuttoned. The 44 is semi-passable, but exhibits a few of the same poor fit characteristics, albeit to a lesser degree. The longer length of the size 44 makes you look slimmer, whereas the size 42 makes you look heaver. Try comparing the size 44 to the size 46 next. Also, where is it that there is a "dress code"? I thought that concept went extinct years ago. But maybe there are a few places in the South or Midwest that still think this way.

killingmoon

Reaction score
This is all after I took in the jacket to get the sleeves shortened
smile.gif
Originally Posted by nonissue
Both are too small in the chest. Try a 46, or a different fit, because those aren't working for you.
Unfortunately, I have never seen a 46 at H&M. 44 is hard enough - I had to go to three different stores.
Originally Posted by BB1
Forget the size 42-- it looks terrible on you. Look at the pulling around the button and the ill looking side profile with curved back and your rear end sticking way out. These are signs of a blazer that is too small. If you went with that blazer you'd probably have to always wear it unbuttoned. The 44 is semi-passable, but exhibits a few of the same poor fit characteristics, albeit to a lesser degree. The longer length of the size 44 makes you look slimmer, whereas the size 42 makes you look heaver. Try comparing the size 44 to the size 46 next. Also, where is it that there is a "dress code"? I thought that concept went extinct years ago. But maybe there are a few places in the South or Midwest that still think this way.
Yeah, I never really thought the 42 looked good, I was just trying to get opinions as this is all new to me. If the 44 doesn't work, I guess I'll just have to look elsewhere because as I said above, I've never seen a 46 at H&M. I have the money to get a nicer one, I was just trying to go cheap and spend more money on the things I would wear more often. Dress code was more hyperbole - it's really just for nicer bars where my denim jacket or m65 won't do
smile.gif
It's just going to be worn with a v-neck underneath. Anyway, as previously mentioned, I took the jacket to the tailor today to get the sleeves shortened as I thought it was going to work, per Jet's advice, but I guess I can try to cancel that and look for a jacket for a more broad chested individual? Thanks.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I thought you got a coat already?

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yep, 2 wool ones. I was thinking that this one is different from the others, as it is shorter, double breasted and has distinctive fabric and different colors from the others. It just struck my eye.

The leather arrives tomorrow (hope), maybe Monday.

At this point I am not really filling a dire need, just looking for some fun stuff. Perhaps I am getting carried away . . . damn OCD acting up again.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is all after I took in the jacket to get the sleeves shortened
smile.gif
Unfortunately, I have never seen a 46 at H&M. 44 is hard enough - I had to go to three different stores. Yeah, I never really thought the 42 looked good, I was just trying to get opinions as this is all new to me. If the 44 doesn't work, I guess I'll just have to look elsewhere because as I said above, I've never seen a 46 at H&M. I have the money to get a nicer one, I was just trying to go cheap and spend more money on the things I would wear more often. Dress code was more hyperbole - it's really just for nicer bars where my denim jacket or m65 won't do
smile.gif
It's just going to be worn with a v-neck underneath. Anyway, as previously mentioned, I took the jacket to the tailor today to get the sleeves shortened as I thought it was going to work, per Jet's advice, but I guess I can try to cancel that and look for a jacket for a more broad chested individual? Thanks.

If you're unsure, I would suggest you try asking the question in the Men's Clothing forum. They wear blazers a lot more than most of the posters in the Streetwear & Denim forum. I've noticed those guys far more likely to provide highly detailed critiques of how a blazer fits.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member