• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
nvm lol

videogeek

Reaction score
Jbreen, I might be an outlier here, but I'm going with the Dunderdon. I think you're right about the side zips on the CG, and I'll add that I don't care for the label and patch.

nictan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dustiny
Don't all jump down my throat but I'm digging the wash of these jeans...

seen anything else in this color?

http://www.energie.it/item/store/ENE...U/areaid//sts/

not feeling them man. there are tons of jeans with much better washes out there.
smile.gif

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by videogeek
Jbreen, I might be an outlier here, but I'm going with the Dunderdon. I think you're right about the side zips on the CG, and I'll add that I don't care for the label and patch.

I like the labels and patch. It's a nice change from all the NF stuff you see around. But the side zippers are kind of weird. It would bother me all the time. It's a nice down jacket but for $450 i don't want some weird feature to piss me off. But the dunderdon is a nice jacket, just not as warm.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jbreen, I would not be surprised if the side zips did serve some function. Maybe if you unzip them, the coat expands a bit to give you more room for layers, and if you zip them, the coat gives you a snugger, warmer fit. Maybe they're vent zips.

Try emailing Context or contacting CG to find out why they have them.

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
Jbreen, I would not be surprised if the side zips did serve some function. Maybe if you unzip them, the coat expands a bit to give you more room for layers, and if you zip them, the coat gives you a snugger, warmer fit. Maybe they're vent zips.

Try emailing Context or contacting CG to find out why they have them.

Context says the side zips allow access to pockets. So I'm guessing there are interior pockets that the zips allow you to get to but I'd rather just unzip the front of the jacket. Canada Goose says this jacket is meant for tactical units in cold regions and the side zips allow access to firearms. I'm not going to be carrying any guns around so they still seem dumb.

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I like the dunderdon better too. The CG is over twice as expensive and I dont think it looks twice as good if at all.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ToruOkada
^ I like the dunderdon better too. The CG is over twice as expensive and I dont think it looks twice as good if at all.

+1

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

spreadcollar

Reaction score
skip that cashmere jacket and don't look back. the EG looks ok (the toggles look out of place to my eye, personally), nothing special; someone else will have to help you on the sizing.
Originally Posted by ppllzz
http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/ADRIAN...D/sts/sr_men80 made by caruso 100% cashmere, its a solid color, but even then, i cant think of any situations when i could wear it, but it seems like at this price i should get it and store it until i can ... http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?sec=1&Y...S&sts=sr_men80 eg toggle coat... btw how does sizing work on eg? if im a 38r should i get s or m in the outerwear? i am just concerned since it is unlined.. will the wool be uncomfortable?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads