• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

__CB__

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BBSLM
Acne cable knit in baby blue. On sale for $125. Normally I would just buy it and send it back if needed, but this is final sale, and Im not familiar with Acne quality/fit. Should I buy?
acne-cableknit.jpg
image1xl.jpg

Really not a fan of this color on a cable knit, will make 99% of people look like a complete wuss. Also, Acne aren't exactly known for great knitwear (I have a thin layering one from them and quality is pretty average).

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
lol
i.e. what all the leather and rubber gets nailed into.....

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unless you have some crazy shoes there's no wood in there. Maybe cork.

Image hosting isn't working for me but here's a link to Ron Rider's shoe construction diagram.

It's always funny to read store descriptions of shoes that say "wooden heel" or whatever when it's leather.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Rachel Comey boots have layers of wood. It's pretty great looking. No idea how it will hold up.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
99% sure that's lighter colored leather, not wood. Can you set it on fire? I'll wait here while you check.

It's wood or something that feels just like wood.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
overpriced Neil Barrett sweater on sale, still too much money really. Too Tyrolian? Collar can be worn up or down. When it is down it almost looks like a knit blazer/cardi combo. lump on right chest is credit card; ignore.

need quick input, probably copping later today.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
overpriced Neil Barrett sweater on sale, still too much money really. Too Tyrolian? Collar can be worn up or down. When it is down it almost looks like a knit blazer/cardi combo. lump on right chest is credit card; ignore.

need quick input, probably copping later today.

How much? That will determine my answer.
laugh.gif

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Decided to put the hood scarf on hold and get a pair of black leather or suede sneakers with a white sole instead. I'd like to get the CP desert boots in black with a white sole, but I'm not sure if that even exists, since I can't find it anywhere online. Any other recommendations for a similar shoe? My budget is around $300.

I may just go with CP desert boots in all black, if I can't find anything else I like... though I probably shouldn't have waited until now to get them. It looks like most websites are sold out. (if you know a place with a 42 PM me please!)

I was considering these by Phillip Lim, any opinions? They seem to be pretty close to CP, as they are on the same style sole, and are also suede. Anyone know how the leather quality is?

MS007

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
I may just go with CP desert boots in all black, if I can't find anything else I like... though I probably shouldn't have waited until now to get them. It looks like most websites are sold out. (if you know a place with a 42 PM me please!)
You may like those http://www.folkclothing.com/men-shof...lack-ss10.html
armstrongblackmain1.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads