• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mickey711
I'm sorry, but those shoes look extremely chunky and bland, not to mention that it looks a mid-top skate shoe trying too hard to be more upscale.

No, they look fine. Personally, I'd get something that has more stitching and stuff, but whatever floats your boats, I guess.

Now can someone tell what they think of these Helmut Lang boots? Please?

helmutlangboots.jpg

they are just chukkas, i think a lot of brands make better ones... with a style this classic you might as well get a very well constructed one that will last a long time--the helmut lang ones seem to have poor leather (it looks thin, and the shininess sesems to be masking something)

http://www.pediwear.co.uk/crockett/products/1431.php

thats a great choice

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hUI7V.jpg

Hickey Blackwatch Duffle for $150...BNWT

Only reserve is I'm not sure how it fits, and I already have a duffle. This would be nice cause supposedly it's waterproof too...

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^really nice with a good price, but do you need another duffle?

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MS007
They are McQueens. AMcQ

onion One more suggestion (more on the sneakerish side):

mickea711: If you like the style buy them. The prize is ok.

-MS

Nah, I don't like those at all. Thanks for the suggestions though.

james nicolas

Reaction score
opening ceremony m5 simple boot

35hjonc.jpg

Anyone own these or seen these in person that can tell me about them? sizing? quality?

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
quality on OC footwear is not that good, but they look nice

mickey711

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ppllzz
they are just chukkas, i think a lot of brands make better ones... with a style this classic you might as well get a very well constructed one that will last a long time--the helmut lang ones seem to have poor leather (it looks thin, and the shininess sesems to be masking something)

http://www.pediwear.co.uk/crockett/products/1431.php

thats a great choice

Thanks! I've actually been looking for similar, higher quality pairs from C&J and Alden, but I just bought a Jil Sander sweater and slacks, both of which were pretty pricey, so money's a bit tight right now. Maybe I should just save up... There doesn't seem to be many decent boots available that are $250 or less.

click here

Reaction score
Originally Posted by click here
Should I get?

Mike & Chris Butler Place Fleece in Light Grey for $59

MIKE-MO48_V2.jpg

MIKE-MO48_V3.jpg

Just received this. Good quality but It fits me really poorly. It's designed for someone who has a long torso and long skinny arms.
confused.gif

MS007

Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
hUI7V.jpg

Hickey Blackwatch Duffle for $150...BNWT

Only reserve is I'm not sure how it fits, and I already have a duffle. This would be nice cause supposedly it's waterproof too...

I love it. Go for it. If you don`t, I will. Its a steal at that price. Where have you found it?

And do you know what the boots are?

-MS

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by james nicolas
opening ceremony m5 simple boot
35hjonc.jpg
Anyone own these or seen these in person that can tell me about them? sizing? quality?

I like these a lot but for the love of god don't pay retail. As most people will tell you, OC shoes are way overpriced and are kinda cheap construction/material wise though I'v never heard of shoes falling apart. That being said, a lot of people get them resoled or wear them with orthotics or what have you. With OC, Rachel Comey, B Store etc type shoes, you're paying for styling which I think is worth it if you can find for a price you're comfortable with.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads