• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe leather options

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mumbojumbo
Of course, if your goal is to accelerate the fill up of the endangered species list.

Yes, that's precisely what I was saying. Let's hunt everything into extinction. Do you always approach things from a negative perspective, or do you just hate people?

Deer problem: maybe due to extirpation of the wolf?
Wow, really?? How about something else that's glaringly obvious? What was the purpose of this statement, to make me feel bad? Look, the deer population is what it is at present. Now, we can sit around whining about what happened in the past, or we can actually do something about it.

By the way, wolves are being reintroduced to many areas, so you can feel GOOD sometimes. Where I live, though, there never were any wolves (at least not in any significant numbers), yet it's easy to get FOUR deer tags per season due to an exploded population. At the same time, mountain lions are increasing in number in North Dakota.

Sartorially Challenged

Reaction score
They are even known to act like they are mourning a lost member of the herd.
This does not necessarily denote human-like intelligence. Mourning the loss of a member is a very common trait among most pack-oriented animals (which are also considerably easier to domesticate for that very reason).
Where I live, though, there never were any wolves (at least not in any significant numbers), yet it's easy to get FOUR deer tags per season due to an exploded population.
No kidding! The simplest and the most cost effective solution for culling the exploding deer population is to increase hunting. Alas, in some jurisdictions, the pro-Bambi mentality has overwhelmed reason. People continue to die in car accidents involving deer, and crops and vegetation get trampled to oblivion, but, no, we can't kill those cute little creatures!
Leaving aside the issue of whether one might have qualms for any reason about buying belts made from the skin of various types of animals, those folks seem to make some very nice-looking belts.
I have their black sharkskin belt. Now I want their honey elephant. The price is reasonable, the customer service is very good. You can choose your own length (down to fractions of an inch), width (1, 1.25 or 1.5 inches) and buckle type (brass, chrome-plated brass and stainless steel). Their belts come with 7 holes spaced .75 inch apart.

One thing to note is that the belts are on the thick side since they are meant to support the weight of a pistol, holster and other gear.

chicbicyclist

Reaction score
This does not necessarily denote human-like intelligence. Mourning the loss of a member is a very common trait among most pack-oriented animals (which are also considerably easier to domesticate for that very reason).

I never said human-like intelligence. Just intelligent

mumbojumbo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Look, the deer population is what it is at present. Now, we can sit around whining about what happened in the past, or we can actually do something about it.

But the same thing (wolf vs. deer) might have just happened in the stingray case. there is most likely an interdependency between hammerhead shark population shrink and the growth in stingray population (=human interference). imo it is better to learn something from past errors, than repeating them.
Sharks by the way have a quite low resilience against fishing pressure (slow groth, low birth rate) and are still not comprehensively researched, so it is not that easy to set this "predetermined amount".

Isnt the deer problem still there because hunters want a high population?

PS: calm down.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads