• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I wear a UK 9 on the lowndes and i like it, but in the future I would like to replace it with a rounder toe. I like sleek, but I don't know how so much heft on the throat would look with a narrower toe.

jsmaria

Reaction score
wilkes had them at 50% off -- it was part of their summer clearance. I got the Southwolds from Sky Valet.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wear a UK 9 on the lowndes and i like it, but in the future I would like to replace it with a rounder toe. I like sleek, but I don't know how so much heft on the throat would look with a narrower toe.

I'd be inclined to do the 202. I feel like if you do the 202 you're just about guaranteed to have a classic shoe you'll love for a lifetime. The 82 last is a bit too sleek and banana shaped for my tastes making it seem more "fashion-y." The 202 is also much more comfortable for me.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Didn't know where to put this, but it gave me a laugh. Some coworker just asked me if I had a report by a guy named Drummond. I told her the only Drummond I know is at Crockett & Jones. She didn't get it.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

regarding the lowndes - that's because you have small feet. the 348 is too clownlike in larger models.

C&J have told me they are reissuing the other double monk (Seymour) on a different last FWIW and shortly.

Didn't know where to put this, but it gave me a laugh. Some coworker just asked me if I had a report by a guy named Drummond. I told her the only Drummond I know is at Crockett & Jones. She didn't get it.

I was wearing mine yesterday...what a comfortable shoe

Last edited:

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've been on a tear the past couple of months. Recently discovered SF and shoes.

RLPL Ancel (Edward Green - 888 last)

Edward Green Southwold (606 last)

Santoni FAM

Allan Edmonds Strand
Never seen those monkstraps before. But i like it.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wilkes had them at 50% off -- it was part of their summer clearance. I got the Southwolds from Sky Valet.

What are your thoughts on Sky Valet? I need to buy a couple pair of shoes for fall and winter and have been looking at the C&J Drummond and EG Westminister.

jsmaria

Reaction score

What are your thoughts on Sky Valet? I need to buy a couple pair of shoes for fall and winter and have been looking at the C&J Drummond and EG Westminister.

So, it's interesting you ask, because I had an issue with my shoes that appears to be from them being in the box for awhile and the wax had risen to the surface of the shoe. I posted on this forum and got some assuring answers, but it's still not something you want to have happen when you throw down for a brand new pair of shoes. http://www.styleforum.net/forum/thread/260521/should-i-be-concerned-about-these-toecaps

However -- I called them up on this issue and the gentleman was nothing but helpful, assuring me that if I wasn't happy they would be more than happy to take them back, and giving me the same advice that the people on the forum had given me. I got the distinct impression he was much more interested in my satisfaction as a customer and repeat business than making a sale, so that goes a long way in my book.

Not to eBay this recommendation up, but despite the issue I had: "would buy again".

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So, it's interesting you ask, because I had an issue with my shoes that appears to be from them being in the box for awhile and the wax had risen to the surface of the shoe. I posted on this forum and got some assuring answers, but it's still not something you want to have happen when you throw down for a brand new pair of shoes. http://www.styleforum.net/forum/thread/260521/should-i-be-concerned-about-these-toecaps

However -- I called them up on this issue and the gentleman was nothing but helpful, assuring me that if I wasn't happy they would be more than happy to take them back, and giving me the same advice that the people on the forum had given me. I got the distinct impression he was much more interested in my satisfaction as a customer and repeat business than making a sale, so that goes a long way in my book.

Not to eBay this recommendation up, but despite the issue I had: "would buy again".

Great to hear...I've been in the store a couple times looking at their inventory and feeling them out. I'll be replacing my current collection of shoes with better quality shoes and I'm happy to have access to EG and C&J. Do you remember who you dealt with at Sky Valet?

What did you do with the shoes? I've been looking at the Southwold also but in a light brown for spring.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Foster & Sons Derby. C&J I *think*?

DSC_0359.jpg

DSC_0367.jpg

DSC_0362.jpg

DSC_0364.jpg

DSC_0365.jpg

junior varsity

Reaction score
Last edited:

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which brand?

junior varsity

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads