• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Damage Report & Appreciation Central - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Really? I thought the nails added a nice artisan feeling compared to something clean and polished from Leffot.

Who made them anyways?Lattanzi?
lol8[1].gif

plotter

Reaction score
SoCal2NYC is such an idiot, he will say yes that these shoes are hand-welt, when he has no proof of it being so. Because he cannot and will not accept the fact that these shoes are beyond ******* ugly and beyond overpriced and beyond machine-manufactured. I highly doubt those are shoes are hand-welted.

the.chikor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DapperDave
I don't like those at all. If they're size 9 you should send them to me to ensure they find an incinerator.

Those are beautiful! Absolutely stunning.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by plotter
SoCal2NYC is such an idiot, he will say yes that these shoes are hand-welt, when he has no proof of it being so. Because he cannot and will not accept the fact that these shoes are beyond ******* ugly and beyond overpriced and beyond machine-manufactured. I highly doubt those are shoes are hand-welted.

Plotter,no need to call someone an idiot just because he has a different style,maybe they are hand made,but they are still crappy.I won't even mention the price factor.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
Who made them anyways?Lattanzi?
lol8[1].gif

No...those are my Jil Sander handmade shoes.

Originally Posted by plotter

I'll have the shoe buyer for Barneys email the Augusta rep and get you all the information you need to determine why their shoes retail for $1200-$2600.

plotter

Reaction score
You're right. I'll commit to a truce, until SoCal presents his details and facts.

Originally Posted by forex
Plotter,no need to call someone an idiot just because he has a different style,maybe they are hand made,but they are still crappy.I won't even mention the price factor.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
What makes you assume the construction is not quality?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What makes you assume the construction is not quality?

SoCal, I bet they are really nicely constructed, by hand, artisanally, etc. At least, I'm prepared to stipulate it. But that doesn't excuse what was done to them. Assuming that they are finely crafted hand made footwear, that would only make it worse that someone trashed them to make them look like ass so rich kids could indulge in a bit of hobo chic and revel in the irony of wearing $2,000 shoes that look like they belong on the racks at Goodwill.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
SoCal, I bet they are really nicely constructed, by hand, artisanally, etc. At least, I'm prepared to stipulate it. But that doesn't excuse what was done to them. Assuming that they are finely crafted hand made footwear, that would only make it worse that someone trashed them to make them look like ass so rich kids could indulge in a bit of hobo chic and revel in the irony of wearing $2,000 shoes that look like they belong on the racks at Goodwill.

This is just one pair in a special "wash". The rest of their line is for the most part worn in and distressed; but, not as extreme. There are a few shell cordovan pairs that are not weathered.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is just one pair in a special "wash". The rest of their line is for the most part worn in and distressed; but, not as extreme. There are a few shell cordovan pairs that are not weathered.

Where's the shop? If I get a chance, I'll check them out.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Where's the shop? If I get a chance, I'll check them out.

3rd floor Barneys and Atelier carry them.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
3rd floor Barneys and Atelier carry them.

Atelier in Soho?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Atelier in Soho?

Yes, new location in "west" SoHo now. Spring/Hudson

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, new location in "west" SoHo now. Spring/Hudson

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads