• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shawshank Redemption problem

willgro

Reaction score
I have issue with the line in Shawshank Redemption where Red (in voiceover) says, "I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a mans shoes?" with regard to Andy Dufrane's glossy shoes he snuck into his cell. Near the end. I notice people's shoes all the time and I think someone would have busted Andy, especially if the jailer was a member of this site. That isn't believable...a fault in the film. Looking to see if I'm alone in this....I don't think i'm the only person to notice a person's shoes and I think this is bogus.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.

mockingboy

Reaction score
Not believeable? Its a movie relax.

Originally Posted by willgro
I have issue with the line in Shawshank Redemption where Red (in voiceover) says, "I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a mans shoes?" with regard to Andy Dufrane's glossy shoes he snuck into his cell. Near the end. I notice people's shoes all the time and I think someone would have busted Andy, especially if the jailer was a member of this site. That isn't believable...a fault in the film. Looking to see if I'm alone in this....I don't think i'm the only person to notice a person's shoes and I think this is bogus.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
keep in mind it was written by the guy on the left
Stephen%20King-BLP-000182.jpg

dsmolken

Reaction score
A lot of people, women included, won't even notice if you're standing barefoot in snow. That's solid evidence that they wouldn't notice your shoes.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
celebrity%20gaydar%20scale.jpg

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's a movie DB!

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yeah and your average SF member is a lot more detail conscious than your average bloke in the street.
On an east coast trip recently I noticed airport commuters to be generally a lot better dressed (suits or sports jackets) than around Texas where you see the ubiquitous uniform of the unimaginative (dockers and blue OCBD.) but still way too many wearing loafers with a suit. Maybe to make it easier at airport security but I'll wear my gunboats and take an extra minute to tie them after security even if only a small percentage of the population will notice.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cant kill da Rooster
I think he meant to say "I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a mans shoes in prison?"

EXACTLY!

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cant kill da Rooster
I think he meant to say "I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a mans shoes in prison?"

Yes, that before they started wear Nikes in prison
frown.gif
Can you imagine the mindset of a young lady buying her baby's daddy (serving life) some $150 sneakers?
ffffuuuu.gif

Roger Everett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by willgro

Let me be first to be frank and honest. Sure I notice other mens shoes and also how they're dressed, and carry themselves. In the context of time, we are all just moments advanced from swinging on trees and living in a cave. Whether we like to think about or admit it, we size other men up, even unconsciously. To see if they are also alpha males or followers, it's human nature. And whereas you might work with or for a person that's a waste of space or a pig. In a social situation, I don't think you're going to give the respect to or take the lead form a guy who is wearing a tacky suit, rumpled shirt, was color blind when he picked out the tie, and has on $50 shoes - that needed shining 6 months ago. For he lacks self assured comanding presence.
I might add -- women size each other up also-- how they're dessed , make-up and how they carry their selves. Similar to when you meet a women, first you notice her ****, then ass; have no idea what color her eyes are 10 minute later. Woman meets a man --how big is his wallet, how's he dressed and how he carries himself, then how powerful a chest he has and does he have a good butt.
It's all psych 101 stuff.

Roger

Bartolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roger Everett
Let me be first to be frank and honest. Sure I notice other mens shoes and also how they're dressed, and carry themselves. In the context of time, we are all just moments advanced from swinging on trees and living in a cave. Whether we like to think about or admit it, we size other men up, even unconsciously. To see if they are also alpha males or followers, it's human nature. And whereas you might work with or for a person that's a waste of space or a pig. In a social situation, I don't think you're going to give the respect to or take the lead form a guy who is wearing a tacky suit, rumpled shirt, was color blind when he picked out the tie, and has on $50 shoes - that needed shining 6 months ago. For he lacks self assured comanding presence.
I might add -- women size each other up also-- how they're dessed , make-up and how they carry their selves. Similar to when you meet a women, first you notice her ****, then ass; have no idea what color her eyes are 10 minute later. Woman meets a man --how big is his wallet, how's he dressed and how he carries himself, then how powerful a chest he has and does he have a good butt.

Roger

Roger, thanks that is really great. I look forward to learning more from you!

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roger Everett

Roger

Roger Roger. Thank you.

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads