• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Secret Sales - UK online retailer

ShaneB

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with this lot:

http://secretsales.com/home/

Cheap / discounted goods? They apparently source last seasons goods from suppliers and have limited run sales (usually 7 days).

They seem legit - registered company / VAT number - although they have abysmal reviews online, some even saying they're flogging fake gear.

Was wondering if anyone here has any experience?

Alfred001

Reaction score
Found this thread through googling, trying to find out about this store, does anyone have any experience with them? Are they indeed selling fakes?

What about these sites Sanguis Mortuum mentioned, Gilt and Vente Privee? Do they sell legitimate stuff?

dandy1

Reaction score
avoid 'Secret Sales' at ALL costs.

the owners are two brothers who get hold of tat in bulk and sell it to unweary customers through these 'sales'. ive heard they intimidate anyone who has the nerve to complain later on down the line.

dandy/

Last edited:

dandy1

Reaction score
incidently the older brother was a well known drug peddler in nw london .. the two brothers later graduated to this 'designer clothes' business.

be warned.

Last edited:

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems dubious.

Why on earth would anyone need to register to see what merchandise is being offered?

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seems dubious.
Why on earth would anyone need to register to see what merchandise is being offered?

Occasionally there are legit shopping sites where one has to register and become a member in order to see the merchandise. e.g. Jack Threads.

Last edited:

Not Ed Harris

Reaction score

Found this thread through googling, trying to find out about this store, does anyone have any experience with them? Are they indeed selling fakes?

What about these sites Sanguis Mortuum mentioned,  Gilt and Vente Privee? Do they sell legitimate stuff?

I've shopped at Vente Privee and it seems to be legit. It's all limited quantities of a small selection of stuff so my guess is it's just end of line stock that someone wants to get rid of.

Shipping was slow though. I think it took them a couple of weeks just to dispatch.

dandy1

Reaction score
i think vente privee is the dominant player in this business and created this model in france, since then other smaller guys in the rag trade have tried to rip the idea off, and ofcourse crooks moved in at the bottom end too (i guess if you get hold of some dodgy stuff it makes a good way to move it).

dandy.

Alfred001

Reaction score
Quote: Is that beyond doubt that Jack Threads is legit? Because this business of not showing merchandise until registering makes no sense at all, why wouldn't you want people to see what you're offering.

Quote:
Thanks for the info!

Does Vente Privee take only American Express?

Last edited:

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is that beyond doubt that Jack Threads is legit? Because this business of not showing merchandise until registering makes no sense at all, why wouldn't you want people to see what you're offering.

They're a sponsor of a Revision3 tech podcast I watch, that's how I heard of them. It's basically a members only discount club. Primarily SW&D type gear though rather than MC, which tends to be high mark-up, so they can probably sell stuff at a heavy discount and still make a profit. A subsidiary of Thrillist in NYC, and I'm quite sure Thrillist is a legit operation. I've never actually bought anything from them though, because Jack Threads is in the US and I'm in China.

Last edited:

Lumy

Reaction score
Hi i just purchase an order with secretsales ...is about one watch who cost 390£ (isaved somenthing like 1400£) i have 30 mins from i send the order after this i say lets read the reviws of the website and i m scared cuz everyone said that are not honest and they sale fakes ...what i should do? I pay with my paypal account....:embar::embar::embar:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads