Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Never heard of that one before.

Yesterday - the new Dipqtyque 34 St. Germain. Actually rather nice. A bit of spice and fruit. Longevity wasn't great but it was humid as shit last night.

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

For anyone who's interested, I emailed Krigler about samples. Here's the response:

3. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

Today: Serge Lutens Chergui

4. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

$60 for 8X1ml samples? jeez oh pete that's some scratch for samples. Back in my day (when we walked both ways to the parfumery uphill in the snow), samples' wuz free! :lol:
    Never heard of Krigler. Good stuff?

Raining today, so I'm going with Kiehl's musk.

5. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I hadn't heard of them either until BillyD did a split last month. Whodini got in on it and seemed impressed. The bottles run $250 and up so I sure as fuck hope they're good. I would buy the sample set if they were bigger. They run $7 per sample on the site. That's a bit nuts for me.

Today I had 2 scents - First: L'Artisan Coeur de Vetiver - stinky vetiver, kind of reminds me of sel de vetiver. did not like.

Then, while I was at the mall, I managed to snag a few sprays of Creed Royal Oud - it pains me to say this, literally, but I might actually like this one. fuck, what's the world coming to?

6. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Been hearing that it's actually something special. At $300 for 2 oz, it'd better be. Freaking liquid gold.

7. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I'm withholding judgment until I find out which statesman or celebrity it was designed for. If it was designed specifically for Captain Stubing, I'm in for sure.

I'm wearing Jo Malone Rose Water and Vanilla today. In my experience, the names of the Jo Malone fragrances tell you exactly what you can expect. I wish that were true of this one. I get three notes competing for my attention: orange blossom, vanilla, and oud. I was not expecting orange blossom and oud. If there were a more prominent rose, I think I'd like it a lot better. As it is, it's just too sweet.

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I think Captain Beefheart is much more likely.

I still have yet to find a Jo Malone frag I like.

9. giony

giony Senior member

Odori Iris today.
    Iris, herbs, vanilla, amber, clean and dry.

10. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Never heard of that line. Link? What do you think of it?

11. willpower

willpower Senior member

I had a sample of Odori Spigo - big, medicinal Lavender. Not bad, but not bottle worthy.

12. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

^A lot of these lately are ones I've never heard of. If possible, members please give a brief review in addition to key notes, so we can get a sense of what it is like. :)

L'instant de Guerlain today... I actually like the pour homme much better, but the original version is a lovely, though slightly sweet/heavy lily with a modern take on the Guerlain base. Leave it to Roucel to put a light, fresh note like lily (think Diorissimo) and weigh it down with magnolia and almost candied vanilla and amber base. All in all, it's a fascinating scent, though not one I would throw away all other bottles in order to keep. I think most men would find it too feminine to wear in most settings, so probably it's just best to stick with the pour Homme (which is a very, very different fragrance made up of entirely different notes and an entirely different feel.)

Edit; totally unrelated, but while perusing the interwebz somehow in an advert or info window came up that there is a Disney scent for "That's So Raven." Surely this must be a sign of the coming apocalypse. :lol:

Edit: OMG, it's true. And reading the comments section will just confirm my suspicion mentioned above.
    http://www.amazon.com/Thats-Raven-Cologne-Spray-Disney/dp/B000FAKFAA

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

14. giony

giony Senior member

It doesn't project too much, works mostly as a skin scent on me and isn't sweet like Chanel 28 La Pausa, but the Mrs. loves iris :)
    The same nose who created Bois1920.

http://www.profumodifirenze.it/index_en.php

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011

15. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

Today: Grev by Slumberhouse, a small company out of Portland. It's an interesting spicy, woody scent with clove, balsam & cedar figuring prominently. This is a sample I got with an order from Indiescents & I find that I like it a lot. It has much in common with Piper Nigrum, but lacks the richness & complexity of the Villoresi.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011