• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Vintage Fidji de Guy Laroche parfum/extrait tonight for going out.

This one was a major trendsetter back in the 1960's... a fresh, green, crisp floral with a hint of spice and aldehydes. I expected much more sillage, but it's quite subdued. Very unique, and unfortunately not available in this concentration anymore.

Last edited:

giony

Reaction score
Was in the mood for drinks so went with Frapin 1270, well, TGIF :D

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Creed Fantasia de Fleurs today. This one was designed especially for AWA World Heavyweight Champion Nick Bockwinkel, who wore it in lieu of a championship belt from 1975 to 1980 and then again in 1982.

This is a beautiful old-fashioned floral. Rich and heady, featuring a gorgeous rose note complemented by a somewhat indolic jasmine. I'm liking this one a lot so far.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Never heard of that one before.

Yesterday - the new Dipqtyque 34 St. Germain. Actually rather nice. A bit of spice and fruit. Longevity wasn't great but it was humid as **** last night.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
For anyone who's interested, I emailed Krigler about samples. Here's the response:

Dear Sir,

we would like to thank you for taking the time to email us, the samples are 1ml pop-top vials, we have a special set that you select yourself containing 8 samples plus 2 for free, this set is $60 with no shipping charge for the U.S.

May you wish to place your order, please feel free to call us at 212 371 1122 to place your order and please let the person know that you spoke to Corinne and that you are getting a set of 10 samples in total for $60 with no shipping charge.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

For anyone who's interested, I emailed Krigler about samples. Here's the response:

Dear Sir,

we would like to thank you for taking the time to email us, the samples are 1ml pop-top vials, we have a special set that you select yourself containing 8 samples plus 2 for free, this set is $60 with no shipping charge for the U.S.

May you wish to place your order, please feel free to call us at 212 371 1122 to place your order and please let the person know that you spoke to Corinne and that you are getting a set of 10 samples in total for $60 with no shipping charge.

$60 for 8X1ml samples? jeez oh pete that's some scratch for samples. Back in my day (when we walked both ways to the parfumery uphill in the snow), samples' wuz free! :lol:
Never heard of Krigler. Good stuff?

Raining today, so I'm going with Kiehl's musk.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

$60 for 8X1ml samples? jeez oh pete that's some scratch for samples. Back in my day (when we walked both ways to the parfumery uphill in the snow), samples' wuz free! :lol:
Never heard of Krigler. Good stuff?

Raining today, so I'm going with Kiehl's musk.

I hadn't heard of them either until BillyD did a split last month. Whodini got in on it and seemed impressed. The bottles run $250 and up so I sure as **** hope they're good. I would buy the sample set if they were bigger. They run $7 per sample on the site. That's a bit nuts for me.

Today I had 2 scents - First: L'Artisan Coeur de Vetiver - stinky vetiver, kind of reminds me of sel de vetiver. did not like.

Then, while I was at the mall, I managed to snag a few sprays of Creed Royal Oud - it pains me to say this, literally, but I might actually like this one. ****, what's the world coming to?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Then, while I was at the mall, I managed to snag a few sprays of Creed Royal Oud - it pains me to say this, literally, but I might actually like this one. ****, what's the world coming to?

Been hearing that it's actually something special. At $300 for 2 oz, it'd better be. Freaking liquid gold.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm withholding judgment until I find out which statesman or celebrity it was designed for. If it was designed specifically for Captain Stubing, I'm in for sure.

I'm wearing Jo Malone Rose Water and Vanilla today. In my experience, the names of the Jo Malone fragrances tell you exactly what you can expect. I wish that were true of this one. I get three notes competing for my attention: orange blossom, vanilla, and oud. I was not expecting orange blossom and oud. If there were a more prominent rose, I think I'd like it a lot better. As it is, it's just too sweet.

giony

Reaction score
Odori Iris today.
Iris, herbs, vanilla, amber, clean and dry.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads