1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. James1051

James1051 Distinguished Member

Continuing in a gourmand mode, I'm wearing Slumberhouse Ore today. Booze, cake, boozy cake, ale, bread. Great holiday scent that I have a hard time wearing outside the holidays. I had a decant of Ore; liked it, so I bought a bottle; then was gifted a mini (15mL) bottle. Then for some damn reason, I sold both bottles. Back to just a decant. Wish I had kept the 15mL mini. :brick:

2. kulata

kulata Distinguished Member

Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian today

3. haTTer

haTTer Senior Member

I understand Guerlain is intending to or has brought back the original VETIVER scent ?

4. James1051

Anyone else like to wear summer fragrances around the holidays?
    Tonight wearing my favorite summer cheat, AdP Colonia Assoluta.
    Fruity, floral, musky and very uplifting.

5. HORNS

HORNS Stylish Dinosaur

Colonia Assoluta is my favorite from my his line.

6. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Distinguished Member

Sultan Pasha Pure Incense, my go-to for days where it's between 40 and 60 Fahrenheit.

7. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Stylish Dinosaur

Malle Lys Mediterranee today

8. James1051

I love that one, but only wear it once in a while (note to self: wear it this holiday week). I have a 30mL decant. I put it up for swap planning to buy a bottle, but I don't think I have any shot at emptying a full 50mL bottle of Lys Med. Just going to keep the 30mL decant, which will last me for years.

I wore vintage Gianfranco Ferre for Men yesterday, a classic leather-oakmoss chypre. Similar to Bel Ami I'd say, but definitely cheaper!

9. kulata

kulata Distinguished Member

10. taxgenius

taxgenius Distinguished Member

Sample of Amouage Sunshine Man based on a recommendation on this thread. I like it but not enough to buy the bottle.

11. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Stylish Dinosaur

DS & Durga Bowmakers yesterday. there is a ceder/pine note that is very reminiscent of Le Labo Gaiac 10 to me.

12. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Distinguished Member

trying a sample of Mad Et Len Terre Noire today; it's super boring. at the top it smells like old spice w a little leather, and then quickly becomes a very boilerplate wood and spice scent.

13. HORNS

HORNS Stylish Dinosaur

I wore vintage Giorgio for Men on Christmas Day, like I almost always do. I also got myself a bottle of New York Intense, which is a simply amazing fragrance - timeless in feel even though it was recently created. If you miss oakmoss in fragrances, then this will scratch your itch.

14. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Mahatma Jawndi Dubiously Honored

Today tried Eauk Barreur, a relatively new release from 2017. I get saffron, lavender, pink pepper, cocoa, amber, and leather. It's a nice, warm, and slightly spicy scent that vaguely reminds me of some things I've smelled from Patricia de Nicolai. It's interesting and sophisticated, but very wearable. The only thing that puts me off is that I get that slightly dusty, "bottom of the make-up bag" quality that sometimes comes with fragrances containing lavender or iris. Lavender isn't officially listed in the noes, but there's a powdery floral quality somewhere here.

15. DiplomaticTies

DiplomaticTies Distinguished Member

Managed to get hold of a vintage unopened bottle of Derby EdT from someone who clearly didn't know what it was. First time I tried the original formula. Modern Derby is an excellent fragrance, but gosh this is something else. Must be one of the greatest chypres ever made. Great depth and complexity. Love those bergamot and citrus top notes and the long, long drydown with oakmoss, patchouli and leather. Need to get more of this stuff.