1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. HORNS

HORNS Stylish Dinosaur

It’s one of the few fragrances of which I have multiple backup bottles of the old square-shaped eau de toilet.

2. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Distinguished Member

i'm trying a sample of Comme des Garcons Garage (current formulation). Top notes, well it smells like sunscreen on me. It also smells like licorice for the first few minutes, so you add the two together, and I'm reminded of being a child at the beach with my grandmother. I also get a whiff of scratch and sniff sticker. Fascinating. Dunno if it's going to change over the course of the day or not.

3. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Mahatma Jawndi Dubiously Honored

4. gfmozart

gfmozart Distinguished Member

5. HORNS

HORNS Stylish Dinosaur

Thanks, dieworkwear. Claire, the third contributor in that piece, is such a good writer.

6. kulata

kulata Distinguished Member

Wearing Pal Zileri collezione privata viaggio d'africa. Smells identical to Hermsessence Vetiver Tonka

7. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Distinguished Member

First time in two weeks temperatures been under 30c.Tom Ford Noir de Noir.

8. James1051

James1051 Distinguished Member

She is indeed. Her reviews are first rate.
    She and I swapped bottles in 2018, she sent me Santal 33, which was a year long obsession of mine. Still is. Trying to remember what I sent her for that. Her Best of 2018 concludes with praise for two of my favorite scents, Bruno Fazzonlari Feu Secret (my decant is gone; need a bottle) and Slumberhouse New Sibet.

Tonight the cold weather is rolling back in so I broke out my decant of the great and scarce Norma Kamali Incense, and now I am in a cloud of sawed wood, pitch, tar and smoke. It is really outstanding, if you enjoy incense fragrances.
    cheers guys!

9. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Senior Member

Penhaligon's Esprit du Roi for me, Terre d'Hermes and CDG Wonderwood for leisure time. I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to scents, especially the boutique ones discussed here.

*ninja edit*

Tom Ford's Oud Wood is also great.

10. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Distinguished Member

@James1051 new sibet is real good. Almost bought a bottle before deciding it wasn't quite me.

11. taxgenius

taxgenius Distinguished Member

12. HORNS

HORNS Stylish Dinosaur

Today I wore Trumper Sandalwood, which, in my opinion is better than its analogue Egoiste because of superior strength and longevity.

13. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Stylish Dinosaur

Believe me

14. HORNS

HORNS Stylish Dinosaur

Say huh?

Today I pulled out Tuscan Leather from the back of the cabinet. I love its ashy leather.

15. Guitar Preacher

Guitar Preacher Senior Member

I think I’m going to order it. I only recognize three names on it and thinking back on what I sampled last year very few were new releases. Really cool offer and thanks for the heads up.

I’ve finished samples of Civet by Zoologist (plan on buying) and Chypre Palatin. I really enjoyed Civet and what Roja Dove wrote about the classic Guerlains, Cotys Chypre and other turn of the century perfumes has me wanting to explore the category. Do you guys have any favorites that aren’t to difficult to source? Eau D’hermes and a few from Oriza L Legrand are on my list to sample.