• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today was a Dior Homme day.

Great choice !

Altough, it does not last long in my skin. How's the experience of the others users?

I may try the intension version on a next purchase, though.

Everything lasts a long time on my skin, and that can either be due to my perception / sensitivity, the grease I slather on after a shower, or the fact that I spray fragrances onto my chest after I put my shirt on.

Today I am wearing Diptyque Benjoin Bohéme.

porschefan

Reaction score
Smell the EdT, Intense, and Parfum first. They all smell pretty different, like a 30-40% difference in terms of smell between them. Regular is soft and powdery and talc/wax, intense is more chocolaty and warm, and parfum is dense and leathery.

Never had any longevity issues with any of them, they're solid performers for me.
Lomani?

SOTD is Lalique. I think it's 'White'. The ram head picture. Actually quite a pleasant easy to wear warm powdery scent. Sort of like a classic barbershop vibe without the spices. A little generic but quite pleasant actually. I wouldn't say to rush out to test or buy it, but it's very competent.

I mostly enjoy leathery fragrances.

However, I have tested the Parfum once and there was something my senses didn't quite loved about it.

Only purchased the normal version once.. perhaps, I may have got a bad batch...

porschefan

Reaction score
Everything lasts a long time on my skin, and that can either be due to my perception / sensitivity, the grease I slather on after a shower, or the fact that I spray fragrances onto my chest after I put my shirt on.

Normally, I am quite sensitive about smells too.

But litteraly, one hour after spaying it in my neck / chest, I can't feel it anymore...

What grease do you use? Johnson oil?

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Normally, I am quite sensitive about smells too.

But litteraly, one hour after spaying it in my neck / chest, I can't feel it anymore...

What grease do you use? Johnson oil?

L'Occitane 100% shea butter.

Today I'm wearing Tauer Lonestar Memories.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing Oliver Peoples fragrance by Byredo.

This is my first time wearing it and although I quite enjoy the scent its a little light for my taste.

I definitely get the juniper berries in the front and from what I have read about orris butter I believe I am getting it, somewhat of a clean but powdery scent with some light violet notes. I also get a little of the patchouli but I will wait for the drydown to make my full judgment on whether I like it or not.

porschefan

Reaction score
L'Occitane 100% shea butter.

Today I'm wearing Tauer Lonestar Memories.

My wife has purchased a few already as she uses it on her face and body. I never used it rather than in my hands.

To be honest, my skin tend to get a bit dry but I tend to avoid most creams, specially on the morning bath.

Hate the feeling (even if just a psychological sensation) of having something sticking to my clothes.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Eh, then I say you're using too much. I use a bean sized amount for my hands, arms, and torso.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took out a mini-spray of Equipage I left for months. The colour had shifted to a deeper amber. It eventually morphed into gingerbread. First time I got that impression.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Frederic Malle Dans tes Bras. I've always enjoyed this. It's a soft, fuzzy violet with a nutty heliotrope.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dans te bras is insane. i once read it smelled like sex with a sailor and while i can't compare to that (i'd try anything once i guess) imo it is very soft, very powerful powdery lilac.

porschefan

Reaction score
Eh, then I say you're using too much. I use a bean sized amount for my hands, arms, and torso.

Just tried that product on my hands.

I don't really like the feel of using butters in my body, so the liquid options seems the most natural choice for me.

Then again, from the several liquid moisturizers I have tried after the bath, in the arms, legs and chest, I am yet to find one that is quick to absorb.

Currently, I am keeping it simple: just a shaving balm and occasionally some hand cream.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can appreciate the "tactile defensiveness" you have regarding greasy things like that. I guess I won't be recommending Aquafor to you either! I use heavy ointments like this because I have such dry skin and wash my hands many times a day (I am not OCD). If you can get past the momentary greasiness, you should try Aquafor since it doesn't have a smell and penetrates much more quickly than shea butter you won't feel the greasiness after rubbing it in for thirty seconds because it penetrates so quickly.

For scented creams, I love Molinard's Cream 24. It has bergamont oil in it so the smell disappears quickly and is very neutral and inoffensive. It's a good compromise between a lotion and an ointment.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CDG Black today. Also, wearing this for the first time, I ordered a new batch of samples that came in the other day so I am making my rounds.

I really enjoy this scent, a punch of smoke and incense at the start which dries down nicely into a smoother, leathery, peppery tar like scent with a little of the black licorice. I get a little of the vetiver but I did not catch the cedar this time around, Overall I love scents like this and I think this one hit the nail on the head being named Black. Its almost like I can see the tar in it.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today I wore a scent called Lyric Man by Amouage. It's a bright, citrusy rose. The lime note is very nice.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
incitylimo