• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sartorial Buckhead, GA experience

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
holy crap. talk about a good time to spend $$ in buckhead, if you've got some to spend these days in a crappy economy. I didn't even make it to Phipps to check out Saks, etc. but Lenox was more than enough for my tastes.

Neiman Marcus-- a great time to visit. Dress shirts in size 16 and others, really good selection of dress shirts (even Kiton). The sale racks are all great, and you take 50% off the marked sale prices. Medium blue cashmere Kiton sport coats for about $1500, a handful of suits that looked great. I almost bought an ecru tom ford dress shirt with french cuffs for about $160, the dress shirt selection on sale was good (several patterned kitons, for example).

Ralph Lauren-- a must visit. everything I was interested in was pretty much on sale. Many will think I overpaid for a Purple Label suit, but for me paying less than I would for a Canali to get a $4250 RLPL suit (and in basic solids or conservative pinstripes) is still a steal! awesome.

Lacoste-- good deals for you and your sig other, about $38 for most polo shirts, lots of casual stuff.

gotta run to the gym, but if you have experience with FF RLPL suit trousers with side tabs, please post comments on this for me.

paeday

Reaction score
The FF RLPL trousers that come with the suits are great and I just kept them that way after altering the seat and waist. The side tabs are nice and are easy to adjust. I think it's a slimmer look. There should be a bag with belt loops made out of the same material as the suit that your tailor can attach if you want to wear a belt in the pant pocket. That's another option if you want.

The suit I got this year had really slim pants. I wear a 46R and the suit came with 40 pants. I usually wear a 34-36 but my tailor just had to take in the waist and adjust the seat......no recutting of the pants was necessary. That was the first time Mario did not do a basic cut and rebuild on my suit pants for a OTR suit. I bought the two button charcoal pinstripe with ticket pocket.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They had a solid grey two button suit,RLPL. Pants were too tight for me,I now regret I didn't purchase it,I could have altered the pants,the suit was gone when I went there last week.Price was $1200,not so bad for a solid suit.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a little embarassed to admit I binged at the polo store, and bought the gray suit you're describing, along with a navy pinstripe. they were just too good to pass up, for two classic colors/ patterns!! The fit was pretty killer on me, even before any alterations. I made sure to ask about the tailoring, they do not do handstitched sleeve buttonholes so I'm going to send the jackets out to Custom Clothing of Atlanta for that work. Asked them to promise not to let anyone touch the sleeves whatsoever!

Thank you for the comments on the FF side-tab trousers. I have pretty narrow hips and very little ass, so hoping they won't fall slip down on my hips or require constant readjustment. I didn't put them high/ on my natural waist.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads