• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sanders Shoes

SirThopas

Reaction score
While it is impossible to purchase something from them without feeling like you're in a Seinfeld sketch, I just scored some Sanders Kelsos in snuff suede from J. Peterman for ~$80 ($98 minus 20% discount code). I haven't thought about buying something from J. Peterman since about 1989. They have some other Sanders products (loafers, Cheltenham), but not as deeply discounted. Tip: sizes listed on their website are UK sizes; I confirmed it with customer service, ordered an 8, and the shoes that arrived are, in fact, UK8/US9.

As to the Kelso: nice boot, beautiful suede, very well made and generally impressive; the last seems to run slightly short vs. its peers as noted in this thread. Fit is about in line with a Barrie 8.5D, maybe a hair more volume around the heel, instep and ankle. With a heavyweight boot sock I fill up the volume, but run out room up front. Lightweight sock: length is good, but too much volume and have to strap 'em up tight. With a midweight sock it is perfect.

I had to look up the Seinfeld reference. Which took me here:

LiverFieldie

Reaction score
Is this a scam?

Guideboat is legit as far as I know; if I hadn't bought about 10 pairs of shoes since Jan 1 I'd be all over those tassel loafers. My wife would absolutely wreck me if I bought another of shoes arrive at this moment - I had to sneak those Kelsos in the house

Edited to add: Quick search reveals that J. Peterman owns Guideboat; they're clearly blowing out their Sanders stock. Go get 'em!

Cheltenhams in UK 7.5 for 49.99. Too small for me.

On the loafers: the guideboat website says UK are US -0.5; I'm pretty sure that Sanders own rec is UK -1.0.

Last edited:

LiverFieldie

Reaction score
Got an office Internet outage so I though I'd write up a quick review of the Sanders Kelso.

By way of background, these were my first pair of lace up boots in ages. I've pretty much worn RM Williams (Gardener and Craftsman) and Rossi 303 Enduras (while they were still made Aus) since 2007. Anyway - my last pair of AUS made Rossis finally kicked the bucket when the whole right sole de-lammed and came flopping off, so figured it was time for some new outdoors, kind of burly-ish boots.

Looking around, I was thinking Tricker's or maybe C&J. I ran into Sanders a bit in my searching, did some digging on them, and then found a pair of snuff Kelsos at J Peterman for $98 (posted above about the find). Had the usual sizing quandaries; actually called customer service who confirmed size on their site were UK, checked around a bit online and 8UK sounded about right, and fired away. Burned a first time customer 20% off code, and these arrived at my doorstep for like $100 with expedited shipping.

Anyway, the boots arrived and they were indeed an 8UK. The M265 last feels like a nice fit for me. Like everyone who buys without trying, I've been bitten by not doing enough research on sizing UK shoes before buying and having them show up too small or too big despite ordering the same old 8UK. Got a couple pairs of NPS for sale right now for that very reason...

A note on sizing: I relied on the AFPOS size chart which suggested an 8UK, and some other anecdotal observations, including in this thread (thanks!). I'm typically a 9D in Alden Plaza and Aberdeen, and an 8.5C or D in Barrie. 26.5-26.8 length depending on sock choice. M265 is maybe a hair short as a last, but I still have room. The toe may be a tad low if you have tall toes/high volume forefoot. Luckily, I don't. Despite high arches, I have a pretty low volume foot and chicken-ass ankles, so these lace up almost closed for me despite fitting my foot length and width-wise. I've settled on a mid weight sock with these as I have the room for it and it gives a little cushioning. All in all, I'd say the M265 last compares most readily with the Alden Barrie last, and minus .5 from my usual Barrie last seemed to work.

The snuff suede is pretty nice; I detect some almost pinkish tones in there at times. Not sure what the sourcing on it is but it's got a nice nap and good color, and is stiff enough to hold up while being comfortably pliable. Welting is well done; the Kelsos sport Itsahide commando soles (the commando tread is set in a bit from the edge, which streamlines the look vs a standard lug sole). I can't really find any flaws here except for the absence of speed hooks (also mentioned in another post by someone above). But since it's seven eyelets, it's no big deal to do/undo the last 2-3 to get on/off.

In short, these are really nice boots, definitely competitive with Tricker's (no knock on Tricker's, I just acquired my first pair on the W2298 and love them so far!), and at a lower price point. The sub-$100 was a bonus - but I would happily pay retail for them.
Sanders.jpg

_cameosis_

Reaction score
would anybody be able to share some info on their jude model?
wear confort, last size etc.
thanks in advance!

Northants bloke

Reaction score
How do they fit? I’ve seen on they website that Holborn are made in G last. Sanders recommends I go down half a size.

Nice soft shoes. I mostly wear 9UK but sometimes 8.5 on Cheaneys. I sized down to 8.5 and think I shouldn't have. The toe shape is quite short.

Fehr

Reaction score
Schweino, you did not size down on those Holborns, right? The length look pretty normal — not short and stubby.

Last edited:

Fehr

Reaction score
Nice soft shoes. I mostly wear 9UK but sometimes 8.5 on Cheaneys. I sized down to 8.5 and think I shouldn't have. The toe shape is quite short.
That dark brown Holborn looks perfect on you. Toe shape looks fine. Probably the 9UK would have been sloppy sideways considering it’s a G shoe.

Talking about size, I take 8.5 UK too. My foot is 10.9” (27.7cm) and 4.2” (10.7cm) wide. Do you think mine would fit in those, too?

Last edited:

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Schweino, you did not size down on those Holborns, right? The length look pretty normal — not short and stubby.
I took my regular size indeed in these boots. I do find the toe cap a bit low, it touches my big toe from the top.

Fehr

Reaction score

Fehr

Reaction score
Very soft suede and comfortable sole (Itshide studded, which is softer than Dainite). Also love the natural welt.
View attachment 1694190 View attachment 1694191
Just curious, what are your foot measurements? Mine are 10.9”L x 4.2”W. Was about to pull the trigger on a 8.5 UK dark brown Holborn but was told by Richard @ Bradshaw & Lloyd that my foot is considered a 9.5 UK F fit. Now I’m very confused because I own a Herrings Gray black calf in 8.5 UK (City last) and it fits me fine. When you said yours didn’t fit right, were you referring to the toe box touching the top of your toes?

rakuskus

Reaction score
Just curious, what are your foot measurements? Mine are 10.9”L x 4.2”W. Was about to pull the trigger on a 8.5 UK dark brown Holborn but was told by Richard @ Bradshaw & Lloyd that my foot is considered a 9.5 UK F fit. Now I’m very confused because I own a Herrings Gray black calf in 8.5 UK (City last) and it fits me fine. When you said yours didn’t fit right, were you referring to the toe box touching the top of your toes?
how do you take your measurement?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads