• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sales in Paris

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re. the 2nd pic: Nice pair of Art Deco links, Ernest; even on sale, those babies were not cheap. Â
smile.gif
same here for poors = http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....me=WD1V

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't like double sided =

- they are not practical at all to put on
- i know i would pull on the chain to see if it is strong and i would break it (i am used to make test of strongness.)

I like modern silver rodhium plated cufflinks with stone or with something original.

67 euros for silver links plated with rodhium and enameled  with 2 years of warranty sounds fair.
Naff. 116 euros for toggle-backed cufflinks on sale? Dunhill must be laughing all the way to the bank.

If the chain breaks, you shouldn't be shopping in that store. I've lost toggle-backed links but never had a problem with the chain breaking on real links.

Is the Porsche design bear for your next photo shoot posed on your bed?

In your defense, French Faconnable is much better quality than that sold in the US under license.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ernest,June 24 2005,07:10
I don't like double sided = Naff. Â 116 euros for toggle-backed cufflinks on sale? Â Dunhill must be laughing all the way to the bank. Â In your defense, French Faconnable is much better quality than that sold in the US under license.
http://www.cufflinks.com/rotawebcu.html What would you say about these then?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
(RJMan @ June 24 2005,16:39)
Quote:
I don't like double sided = Naff. Â 116 euros for toggle-backed cufflinks on sale? Â Dunhill must be laughing all the way to the bank. Â In your defense, French Faconnable is much better quality than that sold in the US under license.
They're not toggle-backed.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
But you didn't pull on it...
Yes, I guess I don't spend as much time pulling on it as you.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(ernest @ June 24 2005,07:47)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJMan,June 24 2005,16:39

They are actually. This is just a little different and they are not doubled for sure. Dunhill makes the 2 versions and the prices are the SAME. These are the same system =http://www.cufflinks.com/cacu.html And it is less practical than what you call taggle backed dispite you have only one face.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ernest,June 24 2005,07:44
Silver is soft, i would break them by twisting the chain ... What was the VERY EXPENSIVE brand of links we talked about on the forum? Their links were 5 times more expensive.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
(RJMan @ June 24 2005,16:50)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest,June 24 2005,07:47
Originally Posted by RJMan,June 24 2005,16:39

They are actually. This is just a little different and they are not doubled for sure. Dunhill makes the 2 versions and the prices are the SAME. These are the same system =http://www.cufflinks.com/cacu.html And it is less practical than what you call  taggle backed dispite you have only one face.
I don't like swivel-backed aka toggle-backed links. Bottom line. I have less of a problem with post-backed links.

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(RJMan @ June 24 2005,16:51)
Silver is soft, i would break them by twisting the chain ... What was the VERY EXPENSIVE brand of links we talked about on the forum? Their links were 5 times more expensive.
Zip, right above his head.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't like swivel-backed aka toggle-backed links.  Bottom line.  I have less of a problem with post-backed links.
I guess we understood this.

I like them and i found the chain less practical so repeating that the chains are better or more elegant is useless...

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(ernest @ June 24 2005,11:07)
Originally Posted by RJMan,June 24 2005,16:51

Zip, right above his head.
LOL.

ATM

Reaction score
I don't like old cufflinks smelling metal, with stains and scratches showing pictures of countryside, animals or men in tights...
Cufflinks with pictures of men in tights. Hilarious.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(ernest @ June 24 2005,10:10) I don't like old cufflinks smelling metal, with stains and scratches showing pictures of countryside, animals or men in tights...
Cufflinks with pictures of men in tights. Hilarious.
Look at cuffthis' avatar...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads