• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sales in Paris

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1) 1 pair of Dunhill cufflinks at 60% off = 67 euros 2) 1 pair of Dunhill cufflinks at 60% off = 116 euros 3) 2 pairs of Puma at 72% off = 30 euros 4) 2 Porsche design bears at about 58% off = 9 euros Any comments?

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where do you shop during the sales, ernest? Which part of Paris?

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where do you shop during the sales, ernest?  Which part of Paris?
Depends on what i wanna buy...

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you were looking for well-made suits, for example, where would you start to find a good selection?

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
If you were looking for well-made suits, for example, where would you start to find a good selection?
Forget that. The man knows where to get designer bears.
biggrin.gif

alchimiste

Reaction score
Are brown bears for farmer bears?

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Faconnable

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(johnapril @ June 24 2005,15:03) If you were looking for well-made suits, for example, where would you start to find a good selection?
Faconnable
johnapril, why do you even bother asking such a question? We all knew the answer according to Ernest.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wanted to read about someone who is moving through Paris, someone walking there, taking its metro, climbing in and out of its underground labyrinths, passing its kiosks and cafes. I hoped to see the name of a street, or a corner, that I know.

Instead I got the name of something I see each time I go to the local Nordstrom: Facconable.

cuffthis

Reaction score
Those cufflinks are bad. Why don't you buy double-sided ones? They are much more elegant.

And with all the gorgeous antique pairs in Europe, why are you buying contemporary ones? You can find much, much better examples of antique double-sided ones for less than 67 Euros.

There is no pride in overpaying.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wanted to read about someone who is moving through Paris, someone walking there, taking its metro, climbing in and out of its underground labyrinths, passing its kiosks and cafes.  I hoped to see the name of a street, or a corner, that I know.

Instead I got the name of something I see each time I go to the local Nordstrom: Facconable.
But the products are not the same. Thaye are made in Italy.

Suits are great, full convas and nice fabrics.

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wanted to read about someone who is moving through Paris, someone walking there, taking its metro, climbing in and out of its underground labyrinths, passing its kiosks and cafes.  I hoped to see the name of a street, or a corner, that I know.

Well I hope he didn't take the metro yesterday, or he would have had to don a wet suit.

drljva

Reaction score
Re. the 2nd pic: Nice pair of Art Deco links, Ernest; even on sale, those babies were not cheap.
smile.gif

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those cufflinks are bad. Why don't you buy double-sided ones? They are much more elegant.

And with all the gorgeous antique pairs in Europe, why are you buying contemporary ones? You can find much, much better examples of antique double-sided ones for less than 67 Euros.

There is no pride in overpaying.
I don't like double sided =

- they are not practical at all to put on
- i know i would pull on the chain to see if it is strong and i would break it (i am used to make test of strongness.)

I don't like old cufflinks smelling metal, with stains and scratches showing pictures of countryside, animals or men in tights...

I like modern silver rodhium plated cufflinks with stone or with something original.

67 euros for silver links plated with rodhium and enameled  with 2 years of warranty sounds fair.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(johnapril @ June 24 2005,09:59) I wanted to read about someone who is moving through Paris, someone walking there, taking its metro, climbing in and out of its underground labyrinths, passing its kiosks and cafes. Â I hoped to see the name of a street, or a corner, that I know. Instead I got the name of something I see each time I go to the local Nordstrom: Facconable.
Well I hope he didn't take the metro yesterday, or he would have had to don a wet suit.
I did to go and take my new toothbrush and my new water jet. I was wearing a shirt but my mother obliged me to take an umbrella...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads