• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BruceWayne91

Reaction score
I got to try it on in Vegas last week. They had a two or three left. I tried the 48, which was surprisingly close to being perfect. I'd still probably go for the 46 though, and I would have to try both on before knowing for sure. It is just as awesome as everybody says it is. Wish I had 4k laying around.

it looks awesome. how tall are you and whats your normal sweater size? was it 4k in store? online its like 5,300? :eek:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's the new seasons plonge lambskin, not as stiff as the older season and yes it is cheaper than the past seasons leathers.

filcol

Reaction score
Afaik the "cheapest" is the permanent collection one? It's around 3K € in EU store, while the SS14 ones are 4K €

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Afaik the "cheapest" is the permanent collection one? It's around 3K € in EU store, while the SS14 ones are 4K €

There is a more expensive version leather this season (it has a bunch of extra zippers) that cost $6450 USD iirc and then there's that $4k version, which is the cheapest leather jacket I've seen from SLP so far.

kelice

Reaction score
I placed a pre-order for an item on ysl.com. Today I notice the item has disappeared from the website.... Has this happened to anyone before? Do you think I will still get the item, and that they just made some mistake while updating the site, or can I forget it? Guess I won't get a definite answer before monday when the support opens again, if nobody here knows anything.... hmm hmm....

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybes it's the last item in stock, plenty of webstores removes the item once it sells out.

PattyC

Reaction score
Eh they changed their sizing scheme for shirts on their website and added pluses to everything, kinda confusing

Last edited:

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Anybody have an opinion on this SLP bomber?

http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/saint-laurent-bomber-jacket-item-10634927.aspx

I've never invested in a proper leather (for shame) and I know this will sound crazy but I can't decide between that or this Rick Owens number.

http://www.mrporter.com/product/409446

I don't know if I could ever get used to the freakishly long sleeves I see on most RO jackets.

That said, it's got some flair whereas the SLP is as understated as it gets (for upwards of 3.5k).

Thanks for your time, gents.

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just so you know, there's only one person that runs the entire YSL.com operations and she handles customer service phones, email and sends out shipping info. The website automatically deletes inventory when it sells, but it takes a few days for it to confirm. I wouldn't worry about it.

This is at least as of last summer, it's possible they've hired more people to help out, but she was the only one there in a new york office. Poor girl even has to deal with complaints from the boutiques.

Last edited:

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Anybody have an opinion on this SLP bomber?

http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/saint-laurent-bomber-jacket-item-10634927.aspx

I've never invested in a proper leather (for shame) and I know this will sound crazy but I can't decide between that or this Rick Owens number.

http://www.mrporter.com/product/409446

I don't know if I could ever get used to the freakishly long sleeves I see on most RO jackets.

That said, it's got some flair whereas the SLP is as understated as it gets (for upwards of 3.5k).

Thanks for your time, gents.
and wow.. that looks ALMOST identical to this -

Silent Damir Doma Jesve - Right down to the zipper with a different pull. The leather varies on the Damir and SLP looks to have a few extra panels sewn in, but its made in italy / 100% lambskin and costs about $1000. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes straight out of the same factory. The silent looks longer in Farfetches pictures so it's possible that SLP's has a shorter cropped cut.

As far as comparing to Rick, you can't compare. Rick is a much more aggressive cut, the leather is much heavier and untreated and doesn't have ribbed cuffs and neck, as well as includes 2 massive inside pockets big enough to hold an iPad and a 22 ouncer.

Last edited:

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip on the Doma. All sold out in my size, unfortunately. I think the SLP looks a bit trimmer in the body. But I can't really tell.

I didn't know that about the heaviness of the RO leathers. I do like the aggressive cuts. Plenty of his stuff I'd never be able to pull off. But some of the simpler moto or Mollinos I might.

Cheers.

BruceWayne91

Reaction score
most guys here seem to have the L17 jacket (perfecto) does anyone have the L01 ?
they have it on luisavioroma but i dont like the model they use at all... is the L01 a lot slimmer than the L17?

iroq

Reaction score
hows SL's leather quality? some of it looks really nice but havnt had the chance to handle any of it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads