Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

The 44 looks terrible, the 42 looks perfect. You made the right choice.

The only question I would have is how old are you? 5'9" and 125 is very thin, and if you're under 23ish (age) I could see another 10-15 pound in your future in which case the 42 could start looking too tight. Not sure if you care to look that long into the future and the leather will stretch, so you should be fine. I'm a bit jealous really that looks so good.

2. darksmoke9

darksmoke9 Active Member

Thanks, SirGrotius. I'm 27.

3. barrettdudley

barrettdudley Senior member

So f-ing jealous of you guys in the SLP perfecto. Thing is awwwwesome.

4. Rocco32

Rocco32 Member

I purchased the same perfecto leather jacket (fall winter collection) few mounths ago, this is a size 44. First i bought the size 46 but cause was little large in the waist and not very slim (but perfect in lenght) I changed it with the size 44. The main problem is the lenght: the back lenght from the collar is only CM 57 (I am tall about cm 1,74) and also the second problem is that I can wear it only opened with a soft t-shirt/shirt, cause if I close the zip, the jacket is very very thight in the chest and in the waist. Considering that this is a fall/winter jacket, with a solid leather and not a plongee leather like the spring/summer model, maybe I purchased the wrong size? I will list the other pictures in the next post, I have problem with my browser. This is the first picture with the jacket opened. Please help me thanks :(

5. Rocco32

Rocco32 Member

These are another 2 pictures, sorry but I have problem with my browser and I can't list all the pictures together.

6. Rocco32

Rocco32 Member

And this is again another picture!

7. filcol

filcol Senior member

From the fit pics it looks good but to be honest at that price point I would want a jacket that I can use in more situations, that means it should be possible to do a bit of layering underneath.

8. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

That's the right size man, I can tell by the shoulders. It's just the cut, do you mind the shorter cut or not? Don't worry too much about the layering, as it will stretch a bit. If you're into long RO shirts this jacket probably isn't going to work too well for you. ;)

9. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

It'll break in.

10. zaragosa

zaragosa New Member

if anybody has the SLP destroyed or super destroyed 15.5cm in size 31 or 32.. please get at me! thx

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014

11. kelice

kelice Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any experience with the sizing of the bomber jacket with leather inserts on the shoulder?
    If I wear a size 38/15 for their shirts, should I order a size IT46 for the bomber?

Also, do you think these two are the same, or are they different? Luisa writes the leather inserts are faux leather, whereas mrporter says it's lamb leather..

https://www.mrporter.com/product/410854
    http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.a...&SizeChart=false&ItemTag=true&NoContext=false

And lastly, what do you think of this jacket? :)

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

MrPorter already has a very detailed measurements of the jacket, just compare it to the shirt you already have.

13. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

Size 38 shirt with that jacket in 46 sounds like a bad idea. I would personally size up or go with something closer to your shirt size like a 48.

As to what I personally think of it, It looks like a lackluster copy of last years jacket with inferior materials and a higher price point. Unless you absolutely have to have a varsity, I would just wait to see if anything new comes out that hasn't already been Slimane-ed, like the army jackets.

14. kelice

kelice Well-Known Member

The size of the shirt is a 38 in the collar (scale is EU37 - EU38 - EU39 - EU40 - ....), most size guides say EU38 collar corresponds to S/IT46/UK36. hmmm...

Thanks for your input on the look :)

15. DarkSpiral

DarkSpiral Senior member

Does anybody know if they've brought back the destroyed denim at all this season? I can't seem to find it on any of the online stocklists aside from that light grey pair on Barney's and LVR.