• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tamgee

Reaction score
Glad it was warm enough to wear my jacket for the first time

IMG_20200308_182747_685.jpg

rire

Reaction score
Capture d’écran 2020-03-10 à 00.48.07.png IMG_4744.jpg IMG_4746.jpg

Guys what do you think of the fit of this vintage leather jacket...?
Thrifted it earlier and thought it would work for that Keanu trucker vibe.
Jeans are Vaccarello D17's and boots are Lukas.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m on my phone, but I think it looks good. How’s the leather quality? Have you handled the slp version?

rire

Reaction score
I’m on my phone, but I think it looks good. How’s the leather quality? Have you handled the slp version?
I have and the leather on the SLP version is so much better and softer of course but I felt like this was an acceptable cheap alternative.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm looking at the pics on my laptop now, and that looks pretty deadly to me. Great find. Can I ask what you (or anyone else) think of the leather quality on the recent SLP jackets that are not double riders? I'm looking at a couple of them, but might just get more Celine.

Also, random question: what is the thrifting scene like in general around Paris?

rire

Reaction score
I mean the leather quality seems great to me but I would go with Celine any day if only based on design alone. I feel like the current SLP offering is rather plain?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good rire. You can pull off almost anything. I saw that leather "denim" jacket in person and it's quite luxurious and soft.

Oh, on a funny note, to everyone's horror here, I broke out my jorts yesterday. I was in some tight-fitting something or other all day, and then when I returned home, the sun was shinning in Philadelphia (always), it was about 70 degrees, I slipped on the jorts, popped on a thin v-neck cotton sweater over my dress shirt, slid on some nice sandals and relaxed outside in my sun room. It worked and was such a bad look at the same time.

rokor

Reaction score
Yeah I'm looking at the pics on my laptop now, and that looks pretty deadly to me. Great find. Can I ask what you (or anyone else) think of the leather quality on the recent SLP jackets that are not double riders? I'm looking at a couple of them, but might just get more Celine.

Also, random question: what is the thrifting scene like in general around Paris?
Thrifting in Paris is unique, in that it’s expensive and competitive to a degree you don’t really see anywhere else. Most shops are more or less vintage resale shops so prices are going to be relatively marked up already. I don’t believe there are many if any charity shops like in the states.

single origin

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this the right platform, but I have a size 10 wyatt jodhpurs in color brown for sale. I've worn them once and they're flawless besides the wear on the sole. Comes with original box, shoe bags, and certificate.

alexanderdavide

Reaction score
Hello guys,

this is my first post, so I wanted to say hello! Looking forward to be active here.

A while ago I purchased the depicted Wyatt in suede, Nero from 2019 and I'm asking for your opinion whether this pair is legit. There are two things that came to my attention: the leather of the shaft is pretty slim and therefor less sturdy in comparison to my pair from 17 (maybe 18, not that sure) in New Sigaro, also suede. Hence it gives me the feeling of poorer build quality. Furthermore the font of the ID embossed on the inner lining is quite thin and not as clear as with my other pair respectively how I'm used to see it on other pairs. Apart from the mentioned points, I'm quite confident that it is authentic.

Would be very thankful for your help!

IMG_20190414_093844.jpg IMG_20190414_095052.jpg IMG_20190414_094901.jpg IMG_20190414_094841.jpg IMG_20190414_094403.jpg IMG_20190414_094353.jpg

papillo

Reaction score
View attachment 1352674 View attachment 1352675 View attachment 1352676

Guys what do you think of the fit of this vintage leather jacket...?
Thrifted it earlier and thought it would work for that Keanu trucker vibe.
Jeans are Vaccarello D17's and boots are Lukas.

Def a keeper!!! It looks great on you.
You guys ever come across fake SLP Bold 1 sunglasses? Been trolling for a pair.

I havent seen any fakes yet. Saks off fifth had a few pairs a while back. Keep an eye on ebay as some deals pop up on SLP glasses. I got a pair of the Square aviators Keanu features last year for about $60 or so.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads