• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thought they only tailor if you bought them there?

icvcss

Reaction score
@ cyc wid it
They tailor stuffs wherever you bought them, but charges applied if not from them.

@gooosu
For the blue one, xs is almost the same size as other shirts in 38.

mugatu

Reaction score
i just called Montaigne. they will only tailor if bought from them & during current season. apparently this has to do with the high service demand. i assume this policy may vary per store/region..

as for the SS13 raws, yes they are beautiful. i'm a pretty big denim aficionado, with about 30 made in japan pairs and the quality (weight,hue, stitching etc) is just amazing. i actually remember the store manager (lady in her 50's) saying she hadn't seen this good quality denim at YSL since Hedi's first stint there around 99-2000!

on a side note, i've now tried the mid-waist jeans from latest season and the cut is super nice. i really hope they'll introduce more mid-waist as i find low-rise really played-out..

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pretty sure the SF location won't tailor even if you pay for it unless you bought it there that season/spend enough.

OakGhost

Reaction score
They (SF store) are great about tailoring if you buy there. I have done four pairs of jeans and am about to have a dress shirt done as well. All complimentary.

Last edited:

OakGhost

Reaction score
@needhelp123 I saw the new black destroyed last week when I bought the new five zip denim. I am going back to pick them up post tailoring and will try and get some detail shots to post. If they fit like my five zips they are slightly slimmer below the knee that the SS15 denim with the now 15cm hem. I still brought mine in more for an even slimmer fit.

darkknight

Reaction score

Few more FW15/16 fit pics... Arrow Silk is nice - nothing different than previous silks, this is a 38. I think this one may be a bit shorter, which is good. The bandana cotton western shirt is exactly what I was hoping for - the cotton is semi-sheer like the permanent collection babycat shirts, but it's a bit softer and it is fitted.
what are those boots?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Glad to hear others are trying/liking the mid rise denim - I think it's great.

Whoops, I knew I forgot to try something on this weekend. :eek:

Last edited:

gooosu

Reaction score
@ cyc wid it
They tailor stuffs wherever you bought them, but charges applied if not from them.

@gooosu
For the blue one, xs is almost the same size as other shirts in 38.
so if i'm 5'8 should I opt for the 37 or 38?

Last edited:

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How did you guys size on the black destroyed, true? If the effects turn out underwhelming i might get the 5 zips then..

Are faux leather jeans nice?

BTW notice YSL.COM restocked the black *** stain destroyed jeans

Last edited:

chiggah

Reaction score
Legit check on this teddy 48 please

Measurements according to seller are:

back length 24 1/4"
shoulder 18 7/8"
pit 22 7/8"

Although he said the caretag is gone. He said it was brittle and ripped off. Does everything else check okay though ?

Photos here - http://imgur.com/a/BdTaT

He also has original e-invoice

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads