• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

scanner

Reaction score
Everything except the garment itself looks good. Ask him for a detailed shot of the interior pocket and buttons. the interior pockets should expand past the wool center but here it looks like its all just a giant viscose interior.

cloonz

Reaction score
Invoice doesn't mean anything to me when you can buy a real one and a fake one to sell a fake online.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
some looks i put together, what do you guys think of the other one? the flannel one is pretty generic, flannel from uniqlo and loafers tods

leclutchjames

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uhm something seems off.
You should in cuff your pants in the first one or cuff them better. Ghe 2nd one you may need a longer t shirt or to try to make the jeans fall better on those boots

Delanho

Reaction score
some looks i put together, what do you guys think of the other one? the flannel one is pretty generic, flannel from uniqlo and loafers tods

Not a fan of the cuffs but I love the Tods. It looks like shortening the inseam on the jeans might help a tad with both the boots and loafers. Nice looks though

slann01

Reaction score

Second one is great but in my opinion both would be so much better if you cropped the jeans, both jodhpurs and loafers will look better without any excessive stack at the leg opening.

kni123

Reaction score
So I (183 cm, 6 feet) just got a 30 and a 31 destroyed.

I would say they are a bit tighter in the waist than last season at around half a size. The smaller hem is not really noticeable though. The cuts in both jeans are identical. So expect every destroyed to look the same

They both look a bit strange/loose around the knee. I think it is a combination of the stiffness of the jeans and the location of the cuts, might be better after a while.

But I'm going to pass on both especially considering the price hike. I think I would need to come down into a 28-29 waist for my height (which will never happen) for it to look good.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
  • @kni123 Would you recommend going a size up from last season?

Judging from that i would go down one, the cut around those thighs is $$$, for me tighter the better for destroyed jeans, if its loose then it just piles up.

Is the denim really raw? Is it thinner than other SLP jeans?

It looks really underwhelming, why are the cuts so perfect and straight looking. I think i'm going to pass on this, don't know if i want the 5-zip if its raw too :(

kni123

Reaction score
Tough to say. If last season are really tight in your waist you probably will need to.
First time I haven't been able to button a size 30.

kni123

Reaction score
Judging from that i would go down one, the cut around those thighs is $$$, for me tighter the better for destroyed jeans, if its loose then it just piles up.

Is the denim really raw? Is it thinner than other SLP jeans?

It looks really underwhelming, why are the cuts so perfect and straight looking. I think i'm going to pass on this, don't know if i want the 5-zip if its raw too :(
They are really tight in the waist so it probably depends on your body type if you size down. I would definitely go with 28/29 if I had the waist.

I just put them next to an unhemmed version from last season. And the fabric was pretty identical color (little lighter), feel, thickness.

This one gives a pretty accurate picture of the different cut and the sizes. Its just that cuts below the knee kind of piles up as you said.
http://cdn.yoox.biz/36/36681169pv_13_f.jpg

kni123

Reaction score
For what its worth a closeup of destroyed and unhemmed from last season. The unhemmed 15.5 feels almost a bit narrower then the destroyed 15

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah i was going to say the knee down looks like it could be a bit tighter even on the size 30 pic.

Gonna hold off probably, i mean look at the effect compared to the light blue jeans..it literally does look like DIY

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uhm something seems off.
You should in cuff your pants in the first one or cuff them better. Ghe 2nd one you may need a longer t shirt or to try to make the jeans fall better on those boots
The SLP silk shirt fits pretty short! I don't really adjust my 'stacks' whenever i try it looks too perfect, always one leg that doesn't look good.

Second one is great but in my opinion both would be so much better if you cropped the jeans, both jodhpurs and loafers will look better without any excessive stack at the leg opening.
Yeah on the runway its all cropped too, personally i think the stacked jeans sitting on top of the boot kinda goes with the grungy look, but if it was perfectly cut then perhaps it may look too proportioned with whats going on with everything else? Thanks for the ideas!

-----

Did they put a new jean 15cm out this season? Its on MrPorter, I've only known of the less common 19cm, the 17cm and the 15.5cm

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads