Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

@needhelp123

It's not so much the stacks. Just try to mess around with it

And short shirts may not be good for your frame, so I would give those up and look for an alternative at least for that outfit...or maybe your jeans just need to be tighter. Size down 1? Those d02?

2. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

For shirts i wear a size small for intended fit, and sometimes i size down for extra slim fit, for this shirt i had no choice as i watched size S sell out on SSENSE during 40% sale so i quickly got the XS.

I did size down 1 on the D02 yes.

3. numb3rs

numb3rs Member

If anyone is interested in black suede johdpurs size 42,5 hit me up.

4. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

I saw these in the store, and they have that wide body slouchy look to them and a thicker fabric than I expected. If you're 5'8" and 140 or under go with 37, if you're in the 145-150 range, 38. That'd be my guesstimate.

5. Delanho

Delanho Senior member

that destroyed pair almost looks like someone on youtube did it

6. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I agree. the destroyed only looks good if the pair looks somewhat worn in. The cuts on the new season are just random cuts, nothing a natural pair would have in that condition. They should just bring back the original destroyed instead of trying new things.

7. scanner

scanner Senior member

Yeah they are Raw so it looks odd and uncomfortable.. easy to rip i assume. Was going to wait for the destroyed blue but the images I've seen of the wash online doesnt look very good.

8. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

yo needhelp. don't roll the destroyeds, just let them stack. they look great. i wear uniqlo flannels with my sl stuff all the time, you're rocking it well dude.

i think the new season destroyeds are a bit of a fail. they really should just keep reissuing the old ones. although i guess the new season ones go with the generally cleaner more linear look of the paris rock thing.

stuff i'm clearing - black silk tees (m), tall cigar jodhpurs + double buckle patent duckies (43), various D01 jeans (30), hit me if you want.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  9. Illithid Dude

Illithid Dude Senior member

The way you cuffed your jeans in the first one is really, really bad. Just roll them normally or let them stack. Not a fan of the loafers either, seems way too incongruent with the rest of the clothing. The second fit is fine in that generic SLP hypebeast way, but the shirt is too short.

10. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Damn. This season's black destroyed denim looks horrid. Now I'm regretting selling my FW14 pair (even though they were a bit loose).

Oh well.

11. gooosu

gooosu Active Member

Just got in the new destroyed and they look horrible. It's just as if someone made a few precise slits with a pair of scissors. The overall fit feels and looks slim. Going to be returning them asap!

Really hoping the blue destroyed will look better and also fit skinny.

12. whysoserious

whysoserious Member

The price difference for the L17 between the ysl.com and Mr Porter is quite significant. Does anyone of of any other online sites that stock the L17 or is Mr Porter the best online option?

13. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Are this year's destroyed MIJ or MII?

14. traCk

traCk Active Member

forgive me if im wrong but i feel like i remember someone in this thread posting that they cut the harness off their wyatts....if so can you post pics and explain how you went about it? thanks in advance

15. gooosu

gooosu Active Member

anyone know how the jodhpurs fit? Not the cropped version.